The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hummmm £7000 Quote from sky wtf !! :)

j1mb0b1

Just Been on phone to oillie at sky for another quote, They have got it down to £2040 now :) lot better but i think i will be taking my £950 quote from admiral. So i would say if your getting a quote from sky, your best speaking to oillie... :)

Make sure Admiral are quoting on the correct car. They have been known to quote on mkiii instead of mkiv and a UK car when its an import.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks branners, i have check it's all correct with admiral over the phone :)..

Have you got it in writing?

I once got a quote from Adrian Flux that was far far cheaper than anyone else. I rang and double checked everything, and I asked for a copy of the quote to be emailed to me. Turned out it was a mkiii Supra afterall, despite them 'knowing' what they're talking about, and confirming all the details on the phone to me!

yeah, was quality lol ill find the quote :)

Jeremy: Hello, are you the people who can "quote me happy"?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[after the above attempt failed]

Jeremy: I've spent half an hour talking to a man, telling him where you were born, how many children you've got, where you live, what your postcode is, and then he says "Is a Bugatti a Rover?". Well, they've quoted me miserable there.

Just Got a quote from sky for me and the girlfriend, and the best they came up with was £7000 my girlfriend is 23 and has 4years NCB and iam 23 insurance was going in her name.

And the best quote i have is from admiral for £950 Thank you admiral No thanks Sky :D lol....

im 24 with points and put me and my girfriend (26) on admiral multicar fully comp for supra and ibiza. £657 total a year

I have only just seen this thread. I do not recall speaking to anyone in the last couple of days regarding this. If the OP would care to PM me their full name and postcode I can then have a look on the system at the details.

If we quoted £7k.. that is a polite way of saying - we dont want to insure you. We seem to get more negative feedback if we say 'no quote' rather than give our screen rate (which I imagine we have done in this case).

A few of points quickly:

1) I am here to help any Mkiv Supra club member and I am only a PM or a phone call away

2) We do not have call centre monkeys. We do not have a call centre. We have a customer service team who will offer you personal touch customer service

3) Minimum age criteria is aged over 19 with 2 years driving experience.. therefore, (for example) we would potentially insure a 19 year old on an NA Supra on a TPFT basis. We would not insure a 19 year old on a TT. Without meaning to be rude, please can members not guess at our criteria as it does change on a regular basis. If anyone has a genuine query then PM me and I'll usually get back to you the same day.

Thanks

Ollie

Sky Insurance

Edited by SkyInsurance (see edit history)

I submitted online form to quote for insurance on Sky Website. It's 2 weeks and haven't yet get any response :-(

I had the same problem. In the end I went with Elephant but when Sky did get in touch they twisted my arm to cancel other and take up theirs. I took a £25 hit from Elephant but price difference was enough to justify it. I just wish that Sky had acted quicker as it would have saved me time and effort (and £25).

I had the same problem. In the end I went with Elephant but when Sky did get in touch they twisted my arm to cancel other and take up theirs. I took a £25 hit from Elephant but price difference was enough to justify it. I just wish that Sky had acted quicker as it would have saved me time and effort (and £25).

Hi,

as I say.. we phone all call back requests.. for the 60+% we cannot get hold of either the phone is off, no answer, no answerphone, wrong number, wrong email address etc etc.. my sales team have a flag system and they will constantly revisit old call backs again and again.

The best way to get a quote is to phone us (mentioning the Mkiv Supra club) or PM me your name and phone number for a call back.

Ollie

im 45 10 yrs no claims 3 pts sky wouldnt quote me at all cause ive been done for threatening behaviour, dunno what thats got to do with my driving !

Maybe they just didn't like the tone of your voice? ;)

I just rang and threatened them and they dropped my Zonda R insurance down so much that now they are actually paying me to be with them.

Thanks chaps!