The mkiv Supra Owners Club

TOTB 8 (VIII) - July 26th 2009

michael

http://www.totb.co.uk/home

News Update- 2009 Ten of the Best

Redline TOTB 8 will take place on Sunday 26th July 2009 at Elvington Airfield.

Team reps will be notified in Jan 2009 and individual/team entries will be accepted from 1st March 2009. Entry forms will be downloadable from this site at that time.

WHAT IS TOTB?

Ten of the Best (TOTB) is a performance road car event, aimed at finding the best allround car in Europe. Handling, top speed and the 1/4m drag strip are used to determine the outcome.

Points are awarded in each of the three events overall, making it extremely difficult to score points in all events unless the car and driver are on top form on the day!

Is it any good? :taped:

I was appauling last year :D, couldn't launch for toffee & the worn out Eagle F1's on the front had me understeering into every handling circuit corner. I entered more for the experience & TBH it was a lot of queueing for very little driving time (esp since you couldn't do a warmup lap on the circuit).

Doubtfull for me, I'd rather go on a open pitlane track day

Is it any good? :taped:

I think it's a great day out but I can't recall anyone but Dude really doing well at it as far as trophies go - the Supras always seem to struggle for some reason.

Maybe this year will be better, there are certainly more big power cars anyway.

• 2 weeks later...
I think it's a great day out but I can't recall anyone but Dude really doing well at it as far as trophies go - the Supras always seem to struggle for some reason.

Maybe this year will be better, there are certainly more big power cars anyway.

I dont think power is the problem, grip is a huge issue as the track surface there is pants. Even Envy were struggling last year and they have more than enough power :)

I noticed the date is up for TOTB, July 26th 2009.

Will there be a team this year?

Yep - have just replied to Chirs Mann's latest mass email about it to say we'll be running a team again.

I'm the rep and have started a team entry thread here:

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=175472

Those who showed up to represent us last year will be given priority since they put their money where their mouth was! :)

Other than that ideally I wanna field a team running in the 11's proven or lower, or as per the thread will include hardcore track Supras in the team based on merit.

JamieP and Pig step forward and represent the club! :eyebrows: since you guys I recall were in the 11's at Supra Pod ;)

Regardless of our team's performance last year, we did have a good time as a club and it was nice to be there taking it all in whilst choking on a BBQ :D

Cheers,

Brian.

JamieP and Pig step forward and represent the club! :eyebrows: since you guys I recall were in the 11's at Supra Pod ;)

Cheers,

Brian.

Dont include me then :tongue:

If i can get my silencer sorted on my 4" exhaust system, hopefully i can get the noise down enough to get in, also need to sort some decent tyres out rather than the T1Rs i used at Suprapod. Would like to have a go but will see how i get on.

:)

Dont include me then :tongue:

If i can get my silencer sorted on my 4" exhaust system, hopefully i can get the noise down enough to get in, also need to sort some decent tyres out rather than the T1Rs i used at Suprapod. Would like to have a go but will see how i get on.

:)

Totally forgot sorry Steve - yeah get your name down on the thread in the format as per the first post ;)

Mickey T Street Radials are what you want for Elvington IMO (the dot marked normal road tyre looking ones).

Cheers,

Brian.