The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Kitted supe pics :)

supra_aero

I knew it was going to be split opinions. I knew and went with what I liked and I am hundred percent happy. I love it! :D

I may change it anyway going forward anyhow - but love it the way it is. I know many love the stock look and no way I can convince others to like kitted supes (or airfix supras in some cases :)).

I knew it was going to be split opinions. I knew and went with what I liked and I am hundred percent happy. I love it! :D

I may change it anyway going forward anyhow - but love it the way it is. I know many love the stock look and no way I can convince others to like kitted supes (or airfix supras in some cases :)).

Good outlook :thumbs:

I think it looks good. Love the wheels.

The original Supra doesn't look half as good as the new one. The new styling is much more aggressive.

(Ignore the old fuddy duddys who prefer the original look... they wear slippers and drink Bovril) :D

Better than cheap tracksuits and Stella.

Cheers hoff and the kit lovers :)

Its funny people say - "I prefer the stock look". I have had at least 6 or 7 people within the last week commenting on how cool the car looks and asking how much it is. This happened about twice in my year and half of having it stock. Almost everytime I now go to a petrol station I get stopped by people asking about the car.

Also I get far more idiots wanting to race it now, from lotus elise's to beemers and celicas. Again this hardly ever happenned when it was stock.

I way prefer the new look as said before, but I really don't understand how people prefer stock looking supes. I guess its different if the stock supe has an active spoiler/bonnet scoop/larger brakes and glass/facelift lenses it could be arguable that it looks as good as a kitted supe but still.. to me it looked a bit dated stock.

The kit brings it more up to date imo.

Very nice m8, as long as you'r happy with it! While we are on the subject of kit's whats the kit on this one: http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/832486.htm

That's a full Trial kit, same as Mufflemans. looks ok.

I way prefer the new look as said before, but I really don't understand how people prefer stock looking supes. I guess its different if the stock supe has an active spoiler/bonnet scoop/larger brakes and glass/facelift lenses it could be arguable that it looks as good as a kitted supe but still.. to me it looked a bit dated stock.

The kit brings it more up to date imo.

Since you ask, and remember opinions are like belly buttons, everyone has one but it may not be like yours:

To me, the Woolworths Supras look very dated, the various kits do not flow together nor do they work with the lines of the car, it looks like different people drew rough sketches in isolation without knowing what the rest of the car was going to look like nor what car they were making parts for.

Look at JohnnyW's car, which has absolutley nailed the perfect look with the OEM kit and tasteful wheels, it's timeless & classic and makes me so envious that it isn't mine- yours does not make me do this. Just look at it!

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1897

JamieP has a black stock car which with a nice set of wheels also looks ace.

That's a full Trial kit, same as Mufflemans. looks ok.

Since you ask, and remember opinions are like belly buttons, everyone has one but it may not be like yours:

To me, the Woolworths Supras look very dated, the various kits do not flow together nor do they work with the lines of the car, it looks like different people drew rough sketches in isolation without knowing what the rest of the car was going to look like nor what car they were making parts for.

Look at JohnnyW's car, which has absolutley nailed the perfect look with the OEM kit and tasteful wheels, it's timeless & classic and makes me so envious that it isn't mine- yours does not make me do this. Just look at it!

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1897

JamieP has a black stock car which with a nice set of wheels also looks ace.

Jamie's car has big expensive brakes and wheels and the active spoiler so its not really a stock example to be honest.

I disagree entirely about the lines (assuming you are talking about my car here?). Veilside skirts go with a bomex front and the rear is bomex spats. The bonnet grill matches the grill of the bomex bumper. Additionally the veilside skirts go with the wheels superbly imo. I guess you have your opinion which is fair. As I said, I got next to no comments about the car in stock form and do now get positive comments so we can't all be wrong.

I am not against people saying negative things about a car but comments like woolworths supras is uncalled for. As usual some big shot has to rain on someones parade. I dislike many supes on here but don't go taking the mick about it.

perhaps saying "woolworth supra's" is a tad derogatory but i tend to agree with gazs veiws, imho i find a lot (not all) kits cheapen the look of the supra and the lines of the kits don't flow with the lines of the car, as in, lots of angles and 'vents' on the bumper compared to the smooth clean lines of the supra. The toyota designers put a clean smooth bumper on a clean smooth body.

my car doesn't have any kit on it at all, not even oem skirts/spats but i get a lot of people asking me about the car at garages ect.

Don't get me wrong tho, i do not dislike your car, i just prefer stock as i feel it complements the lines of the car better. I would much rather someone having a nice clean example with a kit than seeing an abused rusty stock supra. :D

What state of 'stock' do we mean here? Completely stock, or OEM skirts, spats and active spoiler? I think the completely stock - with no skirts, spats or anything looks TOO plain, and dated. However, with the skirts and spats to add a bit more style to the shape of the car, it looks a lot better!

Jamie's car has big expensive brakes and wheels and the active spoiler so its not really a stock example to be honest.

I disagree entirely about the lines (assuming you are talking about my car here?). Veilside skirts go with a bomex front and the rear is bomex spats. The bonnet grill matches the grill of the bomex bumper. Additionally the veilside skirts go with the wheels superbly imo. I guess you have your opinion which is fair. As I said, I got next to no comments about the car in stock form and do now get positive comments so we can't all be wrong.

I am not against people saying negative things about a car but comments like woolworths supras is uncalled for. As usual some big shot has to rain on someones parade. I dislike many supes on here but don't go taking the mick about it.

Nice wheels and big brakes have nothing to do with the body, and it looked nice on the OEM 17's. The active spoiler is standard on my car so = stock.

Woolworths = Pick and Mix .

As for raining on your parade, perhaps don't say "I don't understand" as some will fill you in.

Nice wheels and big brakes have nothing to do with the body, and it looked nice on the OEM 17's. The active spoiler is standard on my car so = stock.

Woolworths = Pick and Mix .

As for raining on your parade, perhaps don't say "I don't understand" as some will fill you in.

Sorry Gazboy I misunderstood. I thought you meant woolworths as in cheap/bankrupt ass parts .

My mistake. Apologies.

At least everyone likes the wheels ;)