The mkiv Supra Owners Club

my soarer is a supra mrk for chassie?(with pics)

jme

Looking at the springs in the photo they must be insanely stiff for a road car, I'll bet it rides like a board!

i can see what your saying when you look at that pic but the ride is good on the road..not that hard. and when i go drifting on track days its spot on.

most of the coils thread you see on that pic is wound out from the bottom part close to the hub just so i can get on my drive:( i'v slammed it to the ground before but i cracked the front bumper that same day and lifted it back up. i got a pic somewhere il put it up if i can find it.

Anyway. Thanks for the comments and the uk brakes are my next must have... Think ther look the nuts with supra on the caliper:D like the VW seen with porsche brakes

Sorry about the bad editing at the start of this thread i was starting to go on about how i ended up with a soarer and not a supra then the pc crashed and only posted the start:( so i did a quick rewrite and just got to the point.

on topic

I know bits can be changed on my car to supra bits thanks to other soarer owners and you guys, but its the under the bonnet bits that i want to know more about like where do you guys get bits from like chrome pipe work? is that in house? or over the shelf stuff?

i had it this low for all of about 3 hours before cracking the front bumper!:(

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o297/1980jme/DSC00865.jpg

do yourself a favour and check above where wheel sits in drivers side front arch and check you arent wearing thru the plastic inner guard

If you are raise the car some more as the loom sits just above the guard and i wore thru mine when the car was to low

Its a bitch of a job to solder and repair all the wires ;)

best to prevent that problem :D

do yourself a favour and check above where wheel sits in drivers side front arch and check you arent wearing thru the plastic inner guard

If you are raise the car some more as the loom sits just above the guard and i wore thru mine when the car was to low

Its a bitch of a job to solder and repair all the wires ;)

best to prevent that problem :D

Thanks for the heads up on this. but i found this out with my old s14 and and burnt it almost in half:(

so on the soarer i got these little black tabs that stick to the inside of the wing and ziptye the loom right up tight in the wing

Did you have the car painted yourself? Nice looking soarer BTW, probably one of the better looking ones i have seen.

What colour is that? looks like nissan super clear red pearl....same as my r33 gtr!

The colour is a flat burnt red it was sliver befor i was going for this look.....

Edited by jme (see edit history)

Cant add much to this thread, but gorgeous car mate!

What are those wheels on the supra in that last picture? Most likely your supra. They are the EXACT style Ive been after....!

thanks, there my drift wheels. i'v only got a pair though.:(

They are made by works but i can't see a name on them just that they are 17 by9j