The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Active spoiler Manual overide device

Guest Garfy

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

more than welcome to come over and "have a look", if you are a car electrician, then I could get you to work on my car too...there are a few things that I would like to get sorted... :D

deal is: you get to work on my car and have a look for FREE :D

lol, sorry mate I edited that post, and I'm not a car electrician

Well I still think its a great little device, and I also like the fact that its 100% reversible :)

I've reworked it now andrew, so, if your interested I'd like to fit the mk2 :D to your car at some point, I'd just be happier knowing the connections are much much neater.

I've reworked it now andrew, so, if your interested I'd like to fit the mk2 :D to your car at some point, I'd just be happier knowing the connections are much much neater.

Oooh yes please! Then again its working fine, but I suppose if the whole thing has been simplified I don't mind being the guinea pig, again :)

One thing I do REALLY have to remember is to raise the spoiler when I park at home, as the kerb is always a lot closer than I think ;)

What about a switchable method? Orig. Auto and Manual mode?

that could be possible, I'd have to look into it, and I'd need a guinea pig that doesn't mind have their loom cut

imi - does your warning triangle light up on your dash when you get to spoiler speed?

nope.

no issues at all - been like this for 5 yrs and everything is fully operational other than the spoiler in manual mode (which is intentional)

I need mine wiring in manually as i can't find the loom to plug the ECU into .

that is a common problem, and the reason I started looking into this as my car didn't have the loom either, I can build this to suit your needs if you are interested

My Active Spoiler is in Manual mode permanently and this was rewired without any gizmos. :innocent:

following on from Imi's post, Mark and I tried to make his spoiler work manually by simply cutting wires, we tried various conbinations of wires cut and re joined then cutting different wires (only the ones that looked like they would do the job from the wiring diagram) and we had no luck, so at this stage I really have no idea how yours is working Imi

• 3 weeks later...

I'd like to try and re spark the initial interest in this item, it went quiet after Imi's post, but I've investigated and looked into what he said, and I really can't make it work as he suggests.

so, is there anyone still interested in this Active spoiler Manual controller?

Also interest from Denmark. Would love to buy one that can switch between manual and auto mode. I would gladly install it myself as long as I dont have to cut anything.

Btw, my jspec has a SLD and after we installed that, the spoiler doesnt deploy before 100mph... I can't figure why that is. But as 60mph (normal deplay speed) is 100kph, and I changed the speedometer, I'm guessing this might have something to do with it? My odometer is measuring correctly though, so... any thoughts how this is?

Also interest from Denmark. Would love to buy one that can switch between manual and auto mode. I would gladly install it myself as long as I dont have to cut anything.

Btw, my jspec has a SLD and after we installed that, the spoiler doesnt deploy before 100mph... I can't figure why that is. But as 60mph (normal deplay speed) is 100kph, and I changed the speedometer, I'm guessing this might have something to do with it? My odometer is measuring correctly though, so... any thoughts how this is?

If I remember rightly, this is a manual override only. So you will have to deploy and release the spoiler yourself.

As you can do this at any speed, it then becomes a great little mod for 'posing' around town, or bringing it up for speed bumps etc.

If I'm wrong Garfy will definitely correct me! I've got one on mine, and that's how it works. :)

I'm afraid it wont be able to switch from manual to auto, once installed its manual only.

I could possibly make something which would be able to switch from manual to auto, but it would be very very complicated, and as a result expensive.

I think you misunderstand. Mine is operating in stock auto mode, just at different speeds for some reason. It comes down at 100mph and goes up at roughly 74mph...

This is annoying (fx at highspeed tracks line nürburgring) or the motorway/autobahn, but not a nessecity to correct. I would just love to know what as changed it, since before adding the SLD (where some wires in the dash was cut) it went down at 60mph..

Still interested in your gadget, so it can be set to stay down (again at fx the track), but I would also want it to be able to run in auto mode, since I would forget to switch it up..

I think you misunderstand. Mine is operating in stock auto mode, just at different speeds for some reason. It comes down at 100mph and goes up at roughly 74mph...

This is annoying (fx at highspeed tracks line nürburgring) or the motorway/autobahn, but not a nessecity to correct. I would just love to know what as changed it, since before adding the SLD (where some wires in the dash was cut) it went down at 60mph..

Still interested in your gadget, so it can be set to stay down (again at fx the track), but I would also want it to be able to run in auto mode, since I would forget to switch it up..

I don't know why yours has started coming down at a different speed, but my guess would be that its now getting a different speed signal from the SLD. i.e the SLD is sending a lower speed to it.

my gadget has no allowance to switch the spoiler back to auto mode I'm afraid.