The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Looking for a very good bodyshop???

Guest Stratt

It not just dave.

I work in the bodywork industry and if someone came to me with the comments seen on page one i would quote very high in the hope that they would go elsewhere.

This can only suggest that you are not confident in your work? The fact that you would put somebody off and send them elsewhere is the most crazy thing i have ever heard a business man say!

I cannot see why this post pi*s*es anybody off?? When you have paid for a job to be done you expect it to be done properly.

Its personal choice weather to fit abody kit and i am entitle to my own opinion and entitle to decide what i want to do to my car??? My car is mint and i do want it to stay mint, therefore want a mint job doing?? Whats the problem with this???

Maybe next time you go to hospital and maybe need surgery would you want the surgen to finish the job properly or maybe miss a few bits out and not finish the job properly!!

I certainly would not go telling other people what they can and cannot do to their own car. If all cars where the same it would be pretty boring!!

Thats fine if you have stated that you want all panels flatted and polished to a mirror finish. And have agreed a price for that to be done.

And for the record i always tell the bodyshop that i want a mint job and am willing to pay extra to get it???

I cannot believe people like this are members of car enthusiast clubs??

This can only suggest that you are not confident in your work? The fact that you would put somebody off and send them elsewhere is the most crazy thing i have ever heard a business man say!

I cannot see why this post pi*s*es anybody off?? When you have paid for a job to be done you expect it to be done properly.

Its personal choice weather to fit abody kit and i am entitle to my own opinion and entitle to decide what i want to do to my car??? My car is mint and i do want it to stay mint, therefore want a mint job doing?? Whats the problem with this???

Maybe next time you go to hospital and maybe need surgery would you want the surgen to finish the job properly or maybe miss a few bits out and not finish the job properly!!

I certainly would not go telling other people what they can and cannot do to their own car. If all cars where the same it would be pretty boring!!

Any luck then chap, on finding a bodyshop?

I have full faith in the quality of work, i have only seen a handfull of places who produce the same quality day in day out. I get the impression you would be looking for a fault when collecting the car. You have to remember your car is not being painted in factory conditions and therefore will not be perfect. How would you feel about a small silicone in the paint etc?

Even the factories don't get it right all the time. (have a look at the new chryslers and dodge's. Their paintwork is terrible)

I have no problem with you wanting to fit a bodykit. Bodykits are not to my taste but as you say, it would be boring if all the cars stayed stock.

EDIT: Another question, how much would you expect to pay inc. vat to have these skirts fitted including blending to rear quarter and front wings? and there for including painting down both sides.

Edited by Pig (see edit history)

Any luck then chap, on finding a bodyshop?

Hi mate thanks for your post.

I will check out the bodyshops recommended by the guys earlier in the thread. Like i said earlier i am still waiting for my Skirts to come from Japan so have time to find the right bodyshop to do the work.

If they saw my friends Supra with his Explosion side skirts fitted it looks really nice. Not over the top just perfect for me!!

Hi, all just been reading this thread about my mate Stratts and his paint dilema. Well to start with it was my supra that got the shit paintwork and the reason i did'nt take it back is because it was over two hours drive. It looks fine until you get the car at head height or lay along side it(and yes these are not normal positions to look at the car but it's not the point) i asked for a mint job the guy took on the job whats so hard. I have seen many mint paint jobs and yes i know about sillicone it can be removed with a little better prep but a door that looks like f%$*ing hamerite and overspray on the rest of the car which i had to G3 out is taking the piss.

And in reply to supraloopy and your (appology is accepted) good look with the business you will need it!