The mkiv Supra Owners Club

LED Door lights

Jellybean

Guest Budz86

I have these on mine, they do look a bit like a halfords job but that is only because you can see the wire.

They don't help much, but do look cool!

Would imagine it wouldnt be too hard wiring wise (if you can find the feed running from the door open switch this is), tap a feed off the door open switch, then run it through the door rubber to the inside of the door. To keep it form looking "added on" could drill a small hole in the middle of where you want the lights to sit, then run the wire into the door through that hole and place the light unit on top. Would of course require u to drill a hole in the door and then screwing the light unit itself to the door (as i don't think adhesive would hold it if the wire were to run back under the light) however should look pretty trick when done - no wires visible.

b;2125231']Would imagine it wouldnt be too hard wiring wise (if you can find the feed running from the door open switch this is)' date=' tap a feed off the door open switch, then run it through the door rubber to the inside of the door. To keep it form looking "added on" could drill a small hole in the middle of where you want the lights to sit, then run the wire into the door through that hole and place the light unit on top. Would of course require u to drill a hole in the door and then screwing the light unit itself to the door (as i don't think adhesive would hold it if the wire were to run back under the light) however should look pretty trick when done - no wires visible.[/quote']

Just one problem wheres the door open switch

I don't have them either and mine is a Facelift... perhaps it's a VVti thing?

Ewan : We demand pictures!

Mine are the same as supra_si's Mike. I'm sure they were a Toyota optional extra....there was a post some time ago (Nic ?) that had all the official Toyota options available for the Supra. Oh, I remember, it cropped up in the 'what are these squishy wee pad thingies ?' thread.

Edit...found it

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showpost.php?p=1089655&postcount=4

Just one problem wheres the door open switch

Yea like Heckler said, at the bottom of the door pillar. Will see if i can take a pic tomorrow when its light if that helps. :)

j_jza, lol i have no idea what those are in that picture. "knee cushions" looks like a possible answer though, as random as that would be

b;2125443']Yea like Heckler said, at the bottom of the door pillar. Will see if i can take a pic tomorrow when its light if that helps. :)

j_jza, lol i have no idea what those are in that picture. "knee cushions" looks like a possible answer though, as random as that would be

that would be great [GRIN][/GRIN]

On a side note I assume we get the 12V LED Strips, can anybody recommend any or LEDs are just LED's get them off Ebay

This is what i did on my old Supra and my MG ZS180.A pain to wire in,but the effect at night was great.

Having some sort of warning to others that your door is open makes sense, but where you had your LED's doesn't make sense as they cannot be seen by other drivers from behind! What purpose did they serve other than a novelty at night?