The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What sort of fuel economy from a TT

Guest tk-421

I drive my TT every day (approx 20k miles per year) and get about 320 miles to a tankfull. On the motorway I'll get 400.

I did notice a definite improvement in the consumption figures when I got a good service done so with regular oil changes etc it'll keep it purring.

In the couple of years I've been a member, this thread crops up regularly and it always amazes me the wide range of mpg - not just between TT and N/A, and single ;) but from TT to TT etc. There doesn't seem to be a definitive figure.

I've found that from fill to fill alone the mpg varies. Some have found that humidity and ambient temperatures also affect driving. With cold starts in the winter mpg will be worse as well.

Fascinating.......:confused:

I wonder if modern sports cars are so variable on their fuel consumption and affected to such an extent by external factors.... (sorry, in contemplative mood today....I'll shut up now...)

Edited by turbonut
rambling brain waves (see edit history)

As has been said before- there's a direct correlation between MPG & the discipline, or lack thereof- from your right foot.

Eg- if I had JamieP's right foot sewn on to me (due to a tragic combine harvester accident) I would expect not as much MPG as that of the local vicar- or someone suchlike.

(Not suggesting JamieP had a lack of discipline btw- he does it cos he can :D)

EDIT: Not being down on vicars either- I'm sure some of them can be very quick.

Edited by Lbm (see edit history)