The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Modified Live: Snetterton, Norfolk

Jason

Guest Stuart@Bigpower

Just thought I'd say well done to Paul and Steve for some good lap times. It's always nice to see some big hitting rear wheel drive stuff out there with the normal four wheel drive fodder :D

Reading some of the comments above, if you guys are ever up in Norfolk and need a hand getting anything sorted, please let me know. I had enough spare capacity on one of my stands to accommodate you all and it would have been a pleasure to do so.

Maybe next time.

Just thought I'd say well done to Paul and Steve for some good lap times. It's always nice to see some big hitting rear wheel drive stuff out there with the normal four wheel drive fodder :D

Reading some of the comments above, if you guys are ever up in Norfolk and need a hand getting anything sorted, please let me know. I had enough spare capacity on one of my stands to accommodate you all and it would have been a pleasure to do so.

Maybe next time.

Thanks Stuart, I'm absolutely chuffed to bits, ended up 7th overall in the club class and had the 3rd fastest trap speed time down the back straight, not bad for a more or less full weight Supra! With terrible brakes! I'm still buzzing now, great day.

:D

How expensive is it, all added up, to just dip in and have a go at 1 event? Wasn't that how you started? What's the regulations about road cars mixing it in with the uber serious guys out there?

This year it was £200 + VAT for the entry per round I think. I had a quick go at Brands Hatch which was the 5th round, I had a few teething problems with my car so didn't get very far with it! My car is a full weight road car, just got a bolt in alluminium cage, a hand held fire extinguisher in the back, you dont even need a roll cage although its recommended for safety of course. So you can basically turn up in your road car and compete. Its very addictive, especially when you have a good result against lighter, more track biased cars. I'm still buzzing!

Next year there's talk of having the club class split into groups, 4wd, rwd and fwd which will help the Supra's out as its very hard to compete against the 4wd boys. Snetterton, I think, is the only track on the calender where the Supra stands some kind of chance of getting near the front having 1 very long straight and 1 medium length straight, gives it a chance to stretch its legs.

All in all a top day out, I want to see more Supra's at it next year, so come on chaps get stuck in.