The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Help! In danger of losing the Supe!

Guest Budz86

Thanks for the help/advice guys. Just waiting for a call to tell me when the windscreen will be fitted. Then I'm back out there! Fingers crossed it will be in the next day or two as I'm at the pod this weekend for the European Drag Finals

Guest CoolsBlue

NO YOUR NOT.

so he rang them straight away to have YOUR car towed to a SCRAPPY?! id of told him to get the hell out of here and move the car, tell them its gone when they come to collect and thats it. forget the insurance, id rather loose that policy than loose my slightly damaged car. no way would the glass cost £2800:S

windscreen £200 new from toyota

rear quarte side windows £95 each fron nic

driver door glass £30 from a scrappy

rear glass i have one £20

4 tyres. i have this with 4 alloys, 16" without caps £50

spoiler £60 from a scrappy

edit - ohhh just read all the above:D

NO YOUR NOT.

so he rang them straight away to have YOUR car towed to a SCRAPPY?! id of told him to get the hell out of here and move the car, tell them its gone when they come to collect and thats it. forget the insurance, id rather loose that policy than loose my slightly damaged car. no way would the glass cost £2800:S

windscreen £200 new from toyota

rear quarte side windows £95 each fron nic

driver door glass £30 from a scrappy

rear glass i have one £20

4 tyres. i have this with 4 alloys, 16" without caps £50

spoiler £60 from a scrappy

edit - ohhh just read all the above:D

Lol. I pretty much did tell them where to get off. Told the storage yard they are not to release my car without me being present or written authorisation from me. They said they had to release it to the insurance company if they turned up!

Seems like most of those involved didn't know what they were doing and I felt like a guinea pig for new ways to p155 off a customer!

10/10 to them, their new scheme works!

Have you got it sorted mate? i've got rear glass, back quarter panels and door glass

Think so mate, they have agreed to do it. Just waiting on a fitting date. Thanks though

• 2 weeks later...

Well, update on this is they came and fitted the front and rear windscreen and drivers window. Rear quarter is perspex but will be fitted when the glass arrives.

Downside is the towing company have damaged my 6 week old alloys! A couple of tiny chips on passenger side front and rear wheel. Both at about the 12 o'clock position. I think this happened due to the trailer only being a couple of inches wider than the wheelbase. The metal buckles on the flat-bed had me worried from the start, so I left my dad with strict instructions to check them carefully but they are only tiny and were slightly dirty. Before you ask, I know this was done by them as I always park about 6" away from the kerb to stop this happening.

Not impressed! Have reported it to them and they are going to look at it tomorrow morning so fingers crossed.

Do I have any grounds for a legal case if they don't agree to a satisfactory solution? I want them to replace the wheels that are damaged for fear a refurb job will leave them a slightly different colour. I did hear that when they move a vehicle they are required to cover the alloys first to ensure this doesn't happen.

Any help/advice is appreciated.

Thanks

Dean

• 2 weeks later...

Just another update for you all.

Car is now sorted apart from the wheels. The rear quarter was fitted this morning and all the seals have been replaced.

It looks good as new now, and after another polish will be back at a standard I'm happy with. Still need to put the alloy's back on it but I'm happy with the handling of the stock 16's. Even toying with getting those re-furbed in black and selling my Rota GTR's!

Anyone done this before? It's purely because the handling is so much better with these on.