The mkiv Supra Owners Club

beauty and the beast

gaz1

i have decided to keep mine now, chap came over from denmark , offered me the price i wanted and let me think about it .. 2 days later i told him i was keeping it . I have test drive the following :

1: DB9

2:VANTAGE

3:355 SPYDER

4: 348 SPYDER

5:996 TURBO

6: F 360

7: F 550

Apart from the looks and the workman ship in the cabin , these cars are a money pit , servicing was to expensive and the performance was pretty poor, even the 550, i was dissappointed with. Nothing really compares to the supra, ok the cabin looks abit dated , but for an extra £2000 , Iam getting the driver console leathered and new satnav system installed. Also changing the exhaust system to make it more driveable .

What iam trying to tell you Gaz, the supra makes mince meat out of all these cars in performance and overall running cost, i think ill just change the colour scheme every 2 years and get new seats for mine. Have a re-think again , iam sure you will make the right choice. Also have you seen how much 996 turbo's are dropping in price !!!!!.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have decided to keep mine now, chap came over from denmark , offered me the price i wanted and let me think about it .. 2 days later i told him i was keeping it . I have test drive the following :

Apart from the looks and the workman ship in the cabin , these cars are a money pit , servicing was to expensive and the performance was pretty poor, even the 550, i was dissappointed with. Nothing really compares to the supra, ok the cabin looks abit dated , but for an extra £2000 , Iam getting the driver console leathered and new satnav system installed. Also changing the exhaust system to make it more driveable .

What iam trying to tell you Gaz, the supra makes mince meat out of all these cars in performance and overall running cost, i think ill just change the colour scheme every 2 years and get new seats for mine. Have a re-think again , iam sure you will make the right choice. Also have you seen how much 996 turbo's are dropping in price !!!!!.

Blimey, good points well made :)

Time for a respray Gaz :innocent: :D

--

Blimey, good points well made :)

Time for a respray Gaz :innocent: :D

been thinking about that matt, but i think i am done with a show car if i do keep it i will strip it down to stock bodywork and wheels and strip the interior and track it, (think it would hurt doing that though:()

been thinking about that matt, but i think i am done with a show car if i do keep it i will strip it down to stock bodywork and wheels and strip the interior and track it, (think it would hurt doing that though:()

Yeah know what you mean mate, she's too nice to strip down !

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.