The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New 'Supra' cancelled???

Bobbeh

Gutted:(

I was hoping that the new supra would be a rival for the R35GTR:d

pfffftttt!!!!:blink:

that new R35 is a bloody beast, there is no way toyota would be able to get the power down two wheels, not the amout it would need to beat the GTR

i still thought the supra was a better looking car though, awww well boo to toyota;)

who's going to buy a car that has shit mpg now with petrol over £1.10 and it will not be long until the goverment put it back upto £1.27:( all car companies are not doing well at the moment our new cars at the Toyota derby plant are not selling and alot of the other plants over sea's are doing even worse they are shutting down for a few months:(

pfffftttt!!!!:blink:

that new R35 is a bloody beast, there is no way toyota would be able to get the power down two wheels, not the amout it would need to beat the GTR

i still thought the supra was a better looking car though, awww well boo to toyota;)

Type Lexus LF-A into Google mate, I think you'll be surprised what Toyota can do ;)

Oh and the Corvette ZR1 is RWD and that's quicker than the GTR.

Perhaps Toyota realised that it had developed a car that couldn't compete with the GTR35, hence the cancellation (just a different way of thinking it eh?:innocent:).

I personally think you hit the nail on the head and thats the reason.

I think Toyota woke up and smelled the coffee and realised it'd cost too much to develop a GTR beater and its its not cost effective, with a high probability of selling very few models (like the supra in UK).

I personally think you hit the nail on the head and thats the reason.

I think Toyota woke up and smelled the coffee and realised it'd cost too much to develop a GTR beater and its its not cost effective, with a high probability of selling very few models (like the supra in UK).

couldent agree more;)

still i wish toyota would atleast try, i mean honda did it with the nsx so come on toyota get on with it:cool:

I think that when one of the largest car makers in the world says 'We are not making cars with poor mpg anymore' that we should all feel one of two things ...

a, Guilty for using up all the fuel before our children get to drive

or

b, Just very lucky for being able to drive our Supras and make sure that we tell our children just how good it was

The Corvette? Fair point but the GTR is years ahead in terms of how the power is put down. Horses for courses IMO

Yeah the ZR1 has around 650bhp.

True about the GTR but with that tech comes extra weight... and ultimately the Vette is the quicker car.