The mkiv Supra Owners Club

No second turbo, But only during first gear

miko_supra

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right, I had supraturbochris in the car the other evening, and he witnessed how I managed to get the 2nd turbo in 1st.

If when you pull away from and standstill, you mash the pedal right down to the carpet, like mine, you wouldn't get the second tubby. However, put the throttle two thirds down until about 4500rpm, then mash it. Your second turbo will come on song for sure :eyebrows:

Yup, it's just because of the load issue I mentioned then. If you floor it in first right through there won't be any sudden torque requirements when the 2nd turbo should come in, hence why it doesn't boost as high. The method you have used means that the engine is suddenly having to work harder to accelerate, thus bringing on the 2nd turbo with the extra exhaust gas created with the engine doing its thing.

It should work at any level on the throttle other than after the 3/4 mark that you mention. If you pootle along not accelerating round about the transition area, then mash it, the same thing will happen :)