The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Black wheels or not??

Jim_1979

Black wheels on black car??  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Black wheels on black car??

• Yeah, they look the shizniz!
    • No... Booooh!! (suggest something else)

.....Ive just put a set of Rota D1's on. Black with polished dish and stailess stell studs around the split rim. Look awsome......

hhhmmmmm :sly: now where did I put the wheel brace and torque wrench??! :eyebrows: :D Can't wait to see 'em hun.

all black wheels look great on a black supra, the red calipers break it up. Be good to see it with all the body kit on too ;) ....and washed.....:p

L

hhhmmmmm :sly: now where did I put the wheel brace and torque wrench??! :eyebrows: :D Can't wait to see 'em hun.

all black wheels look great on a black supra, the red calipers break it up. Be good to see it with all the body kit on too ;) ....and washed.....:p

L

Thanks Linda:) They are a fair bit differant to my old 19's and look tiny. Im dropping it too. So picks to follow when thats done, the new bumper is on (be wierd not seeing the bomex on) and the new seats in:)

http://file012b.bebo.com/9/large/2006/07/18/20/1339967026a1399990492b75484839l.jpg

Well these are the same wheels(I know I sold them to Jim:p) and admittedly they didnt look as good as they do in that pic due to oxidisation(I think) I do prefer them as was

They will look mint with polished lip and polished nuts, you could get this look cheaply with good prep and hyper silver style paint for the lip, I'm sure thats how those wheels where originally done and you would never know the difference

A better pic may show what you have done better, but that may take time with this fooooooking weather!!;)

http://file012b.bebo.com/9/large/2006/07/18/20/1339967026a1399990492b75484839l.jpg

Well these are the same wheels(I know I sold them to Jim:p) and admittedly they didnt look as good as they do in that pic due to oxidisation(I think) I do prefer them as was

They will look mint with polished lip and polished nuts, you could get this look cheaply with good prep and hyper silver style paint for the lip, I'm sure thats how those wheels where originally done and you would never know the difference

A better pic may show what you have done better, but that may take time with this fooooooking weather!!;)

Yeah, the wheels were in pretty poor state.

The prep for the wheels is very good, so I could change to silver lip if I wanted. Would just need to rub it back and mask of the spokes etc.

I was going for silver lip originally, but the silver paint we used didn't look that good tbh, hence why I went black.

Is the hyper silver paint paint from a car? (if you know what I mean?). If so, I might have a look.

Its the alternative most of the refurb places use for High polished, Check Ibrars section he has done a couple

Any decent powder coat place can do it, or may point you in the direction of the paint(Or the method)

I think you would paint the lip twice bringing through two different colours and having the polished look

Was I right, are the lips painted originally?

Cool.

Yeah mate, looks like the lips were possibly painted originally.

As for doing the bolts a different colour. They don't come out and are actually made of plastic! This was evident when removing old paint and rubbing down. So no way of making them a different colour and still looking good as they can't be removed without possiblt destroying them.

I will get the lips polished etc in the future, but for now they look decent and it's such a difference over what they were like.