XS Power Supra

jacko

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest trackday addict

no - the clutch release bearing gave up the ghost :rolleyes:

As soon as we staged on the 1st light & put the car on the rev limiter all was fine, as soon as i let the clutch out to 2nd stage it went & the car was stopping for noone even with the hand brake full on :rolleyes: still that's racing.

Being honest though even without that no way would we have run a 7.7 in a million years, have been waiting on a new turbo to arrive which should be here in the next 2 weeks & a lot of work from now till oct to try & get us competitive with you supra boys :p:D

More importantly.

Huge well done to Steve, bloody awesome & well deserved as he has been so close before ie/ 8.03, 8.01 - watched his 7.9 from the side & jesus:D

Leon's car looks incredible & will no doubt be very very quick:)

Great to see UK cars getting more & more competitive every year & now into the 7's, with everyone pushing things forward it will only get quicker - i was getting fed up with watching american & australian videos !!

well Bradshaw jumped the light didnt he, if he hadnt have done who knows..... Im just waiting for Fuujin to come back out, thats got to be into the 7's

no - the clutch release bearing gave up the ghost :rolleyes:

As soon as we staged on the 1st light & put the car on the rev limiter all was fine, as soon as i let the clutch out to 2nd stage it went & the car was stopping for noone even with the hand brake full on :rolleyes: still that's racing.

Being honest though even without that no way would we have run a 7.7 in a million years, have been waiting on a new turbo to arrive which should be here in the next 2 weeks & a lot of work from now till oct to try & get us competitive with you supra boys :p:D

More importantly.

Huge well done to Steve, bloody awesome & well deserved as he has been so close before ie/ 8.03, 8.01 - watched his 7.9 from the side & jesus:D

what a refreshing change to read your most gracious post from someone who is obviously seriously dedicated to his favourite pastime, you should call round these parts more often :D

Guest trackday addict

lol - no probs & to be honest all the drivers get on really really well:)

I think we are all delighted regardless of marque or make to see what's happening with the UK Jap scene growing like it is.

Us Skyline boys havn't given up all hope yet :D

http://www.japdragseries.co.uk/2008points.php

In all seriousnous we all do it for the love of it not the money thats for sure & long may it continue like that :)

Be great to maybe do a joint club day at some stage next year if you guys fancied it?

We had a combined skyline club day earlier this year that was fantastic

what a refreshing change to read your most gracious post from someone who is obviously seriously dedicated to his favourite pastime, you should call round these parts more often :D

lol - no probs & to be honest all the drivers get on really really well:)

I think we are all delighted regardless of marque or make to see what's happening with the UK Jap scene growing like it is.

Well said :) i did notice everybody leap up in the air when Steve did the 7.7 sec run and that was followed by cheers and shouts :)

In the pit area over the last 2 events i've noticed that everybody gets on with each other really well, i've spoken with the scrutineers who even get on with everybody :)

The HKS series as a good feeling IMO

Id have a tenner there aint any XS power parts on the car, anyone got an engine bay pic?

Taken from another forum when asked if they used XS Power parts:

Yes, all apart from Engine internals, "which we supplied"

if i had a £1 for every time i was asked this.

This is the whole point of Sponsering Steve, he came to us 2 yrs ago, and we both decided to show what our parts can do rather than fight senseless battles on forums where people love to become keyboard warriors,

Even now after becoming the FIRST to get into the 7's people still wont appreciate what we have achieved, with a very limited budget,

there are many cars out there with budgets well over 100k, we are no where near that,

simply go have a look at the car @ japshow in october, you can see the engine in all its glory,

Maybe so, but I don't believe that mass produced parts for the general market and parts produced for a 7 sec drag car are bought from the same shelf. They might be from the same company, but they're probably custom made by XS Power to a higher standard than the rubbish they usually sell.

I know the guy who helped build this motor and he was installing an off-the-shelf xspower kit last month and was cursing the day it was born.... None of the pipes lined up, and there was welding and cutting and modifiying a plenty.

I asked my mate who was one of the engine builders and the turbo is indeed an XSpower turbo, and I think it retails at about £600, but it's a Titan built head with some huge cams (bigger than 272, apparently the longest duration they could get). The internals are apparently not XSPower (although I'm not sure they even make XS internals)

So do XS power make charge coolers too then?

So if the head is not supplied by them or even their parts used, as is the bottom end

Were left with a exh manifold, turbo and WG - and rad that only has to do its job sitting at the side of a track on idle?

Out of all they supply surely they would have sent SW one of their better produced items,

Impressive all the same, but I'm sure there would have been some welding e.t.c to do, if the guy building it new what he was doing(and he obviously did) then there should be no problems

Theres no doubting XS-Power's QC is utter crap, the parts should be bought with customisation in mind

I asked my mate who was one of the engine builders and the turbo is indeed an XSpower turbo, and I think it retails at about £600, but it's a Titan built head with some huge cams (bigger than 272, apparently the longest duration they could get). The internals are apparently not XSPower (although I'm not sure they even make XS internals)

well i imagine they would be crower internals, as the sticker says