The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Looking for a Supra £3-4k

Guest Albreda

If you buy at auction your first budget will easily get you a decent TT. Privately you can still do it, but you need cash in hand and the ability to travel at short notice and be a good bargainer. If you can wait there'll be a glut of them soon, as the credit crunch really bites, there'll be cars on the water now, with dealers hoping there's still a market when they land and get onto their forecourts.

I bought my TT 2 1/2 years ago for 7k. Its an auto but was in mint condition.

If you are lucky like me you wont have to shell out too much running it. I have only ever replaced two tyres other than regular oil & fluid services.

Its still fine and I keep an eye on things.

I had a Rover before the Supra and it cost me a lot more to maintain, mind you it was running 400bhp...:rolleyes:

Carl

Guest Budz86
Theres a TT 6 speed in need of some TLC for sale on here. Think its the bodywork thats in poor condition rather than the engine. 100k miles but its only around £6k so as long as you dont want to turn heads it will probably do you.

PM Colsoop

If your talking about colins car being in slightly bad nick I will have to whole-heartedly disagree with you!

I drove around 200 miles to view it and it was a brilliant example. Ignore what is on the club forum with regards to the 'imperfections' in the bodywork (this was posted by Colin himself and IMO he has made it out to be worse that it is).

I think that if you can buy that then you will be onto a winner!

But that's my opinon :)

Guest Darren456

I'm in the same boat with an even smaller budget, around £3000 maximum. But I'm after an N/A which are a bit cheaper, and with the economy etc the way it is there seems to be quite a few decent Supra's popping up for not alot of money.

But for a TT you'd need to stretch your budget to at least the £6000 marker I reckon, from what I've seen about so far, and even then you'd be looking at an auto, but then apparently the auto box's are very good anyway so that's not such a big deal.

Good luck with your hunt anyway mate!

Edited by Darren456 (see edit history)

If you buy at auction your first budget will easily get you a decent TT. Privately you can still do it, but you need cash in hand and the ability to travel at short notice and be a good bargainer. If you can wait there'll be a glut of them soon, as the credit crunch really bites, there'll be cars on the water now, with dealers hoping there's still a market when they land and get onto their forecourts.

Double post

Edited by Matt H
Double post (see edit history)

You always say it.. but when have you ever posted up about having bought a TT 6speed minter for 5p?

I await to be corrected?

I've sold a few cars in my short time and yes there is always a Chris Wilson turning up and offering you half of what you want for the car and expects to get it because hes got cash. But like the rest of them you just turn them around, aim your foot at his buttocks and boot the guy off your drive.

The car i learnt to drive in; A Nissan Micra, D reg... I wanted £200 for it when i sold it. Some guy came round, kicked the tyres for a bit, told me how much of a bad condition it was in, said £50 and get his notes out. I simply said enjoy your journey home.

I sold it for the £200 i wanted and spent the following month telling god knows how many people on the phone it had gone. I was very suprised at the size of the market for a D reg nissan micra :D

Edited by Matt H (see edit history)

The secret is to turn up on lots of drives, with cash, and with luck and good bargaining skills you find someone desperate for money and you get a cheap Supra. You have to be thick skinned, which I am, and you have to be willing to travel, which I no longer bother to do, the very few cars I buy to sell at hopeful profit I buy in the trade, and sell to the trade, as I have always maintained. This year alone I have seen 3 TT's that customers have bought, that have all been nice cars under 4K. You won't find these bargains on owners forums, in the norm, you find them in the small ads.

Have to agree with Chris on this one, TT's are easy to find for 4K, may not be advertised at that price but with the current climate and fuel prices cash in hand talks, I have purchased 2 supra in the last 6 months, a TT 6 speed for £3400 and a very nice NA Auto for £1900

The TT6 here

SV200820.JPG

Edited by tooquicktostop (see edit history)

Have to agree with Chris on this one,

Same. I got my N/A manual with works alloys, alpine flat screen, full kit (OK Veilside), 1 year MOT and 1 year tax for £2000. (Yes I realise its not a TT but my point is that if you wait long enough and look hard enough there are bargains about).

I'm in the same boat with an even smaller budget, around £3000 maximum. But I'm after an N/A which are a bit cheaper, and with the economy etc the way it is there seems to be quite a few decent Supra's popping up for not alot of money.

But for a TT you'd need to stretch your budget to at least the £6000 marker I reckon, from what I've seen about so far, and even then you'd be looking at an auto, but then apparently the auto box's are very good anyway so that's not such a big deal.

Good luck with your hunt anyway mate!

Have you found one yet? Mine might be available in about 2 weeks?