The mkiv Supra Owners Club

NA to TT conversion - problems

Trig

Guest Kmichael

Did you hook up the blue,red wire I am at the same stage as you were when you wrote this. I hooked a 15 amp fuse to this wire thinking it goes to the throttle pos senser. The supra runs but at idle any help thanks

• 7 years later...

Bumping a thread here as my mates on the forum either tell a chap a mouth full or point me to the search button. I cannot easily find where this connector in the first post goes to or I am confused. I looked at the wiring diagram and it seems it goes to the abs system and engine control. I have the two square shaped connectors on the lower section of the engine bay fuse box. One is a 6 pin and the other a 5 pin connector. I have an Aristo GTE harness so its missing the plug for this as I am unsure if an Aristo or Soarer had this. Can someone please assist me? Also if anyone has that steel pipe in the 2nd photo on side of intake lying around in their garage, please let me know as I would like to fit my charcoal canister till the time I decide to go single turbo.

P.S my engine harness also does not have the orange, grey and white foot well connectors. I have found a white one from some scrap wiring I got and have ordered the grey and orange plugs off the net.

Okay so I found another thread of Miko who fitted a GTE engine into an n/a car but his engine was out of a supra so he didnt have much issues with the wiring except the same connector I have in question which is used for traction control, abs and the starter and something else. I believe my harness from the Aristo or Soarer does not have this plug. I will be retaining the abs so am I correct in saying I will need it and the starter for cranking the engine also soooo? Yes of course. I will be using my oem RZ auto box for now and have a W58 lying a side for later. Should I connect the throttle control ECU up as I saw for auto you need it but not manual. Note the GTE harness I have does not have this connector and Toyota don't have it either so its either I buy the connector off the net or just forget it which I am leaning towards as I want to try and push the car to achieve atleast 250 to 350hp on the std twins with BPU done.

I have seen that the connector from the power steering rack needs to connect somewhere else as well. Does it connect to the engine harness or the wiring engine bay loom guys?