The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Im so excited!!! almost there PHR stage 4 GT74

fastisnice

not really, up to 800 flywheel bhp on a stock is fine..anything more and you ll be pushing it. next year im planning on a 3.2 built short block from US and crank the boost to 2.0 bar :D

i must admit i cringed a bit when i read this, fair play to you for what your building here obviously high hp over drivability is your priority and although thats at the opposite end of the spectrum to what i want from a car i respect what your doing, however.......... 800hp at 8500rpm on a stock block to me is really asking for trouble if something lets go at that kind of rpm(and there is a very real possibilty it will) the engine will probably totally destroy itself, if you can stand this loss then again fair play, i think a well maintained stock engine could sustain that kind of hp at stock revs for a period of time, but read any tuning book and the one thing they all say is high rpm kills engines particularly on an engine ill prepared to handle it, you say you have "double valve springs & titanium retainers" all they are doing is preventing valve float not something supras tend to suffer to much from anyway, they are not going to keep your engine together

Edited by paul mac (see edit history)

I understand what you mean but I trust Owen 100%..

i must admit i cringed a bit when i read this, fair play to you for what your building here obviously high hp over drivability is your priority and although thats at the opposite end of the spectrum to what i want from a car i respect what your doing, however.......... 800hp at 8500rpm on a stock block to me is really asking for trouble if something lets go at that kind of rpm(and there is a very real possibilty it will) the engine will probably totally destroy itself, if you can stand this loss then again fair play, i think a well maintained stock engine could sustain that kind of hp at stock revs for a period of time, but read any tuning book and the one thing they all say is high rpm kills engines particularly on an engine ill prepared to handle it, you say you have "double valve springs & titanium retainers" all they are doing is preventing valve float not something supras tend to suffer to much from anyway, they are not going to keep your engine together

I chose my turbo so I wouldn't have to raise the rev limit to make the most of it. I knew I wanted to keep the bottom end as Toyota intended.

We'll see about that when the cams come :D

Stock limiter is at 6,8K which is very low for getting decent power. Singles which are rated above 550bhp won't get any benefit keeping stock limiter. I was running @ 1.2 bar when i had the SP71 using stock rev limiter,my power was 575bhp and having a remap @ 1.4 @ 8000 revs the jump was 100bhp!