The mkiv Supra Owners Club

supra values

supraspeed

i need to update those pics. standard front bumper and different wheels on at the moment. again i will no a lot more once i get it checked out- i'm not going to argue to death about it being a getrag box but i have known the ppl who did the conversion for a long time and they have never put a foot wrong and in my opinion can be trusted so hopefully someone will believe me lol

Talking the owner of auto bmc yesterday and he said he cant budge any stock, he is selling a 6 speed tt for under 6k (mint except needs a new set of headlights) and he has had for sale for 4 months.

He was offered a r34 gtr for 15k and turned it down as he rekons nobody is spending now and he has stopped buying stock.

I think with the way fuel prices are going and the economy is looking there is going to be some very cheap cars about soon.

Talking the owner of auto bmc yesterday and he said he cant budge any stock, he is selling a 6 speed tt for under 6k (mint except needs a new set of headlights) and he has had for sale for 4 months.

He was offered a r34 gtr for 15k and turned it down as he rekons nobody is spending now and he has stopped buying stock.

I think with the way fuel prices are going and the economy is looking there is going to be some very cheap cars about soon.

I agree, this type of market always suffers when there is a downturn.

My mate who works for Jag says the same, there are some shocking values in the trade, for example the best price he could get underwritten for a CLS55AMG was £23k. He was genuinely shocked (my mate not the owner) and was expecting to be flooded with offers of £40k+. No one else would touch it and it seems to be a theme for virtually everything over 2 litres.

I'd say the economy in general is the bigger problem rather than the pure fuel cost as estate agents are also having some difficult times and many are closing up.

Ultimately it's win-win, this time last year a good TT was say £7k and an R34 was £25k, now it's £6k & £20k respectively- that R34 suddenly just became that much more affordable.

:(

hi people, how much would you say a TT aerotop is worth then, very good condition of course:p

It seems a few hundred then ;)

well I paid over the odds for my TT aerotop a few months ago (IMO) but there weren't any good ones about. Now, however, there is a much wider choice so don't think I'll get anywhere near what I paid if I have to sell. Hopefully though, it'll stay with me for quite a while so I will try and get all I can out of it :D

I didn't buy this car to make money anyway, it's a hobby - you expect it to cost money.

i dont think i'l bother selling mine now if prices are gonna keep dropping. thought i would get quite a bit for mine but obviously technicalities knock it down a few grand. i only wanted to sell it so that i could afford a stockish or bpu one and make it nice with the left over cash but thats not going to happen...

well I paid over the odds for my TT aerotop a few months ago (IMO) but there weren't any good ones about. Now, however, there is a much wider choice so don't think I'll get anywhere near what I paid if I have to sell. Hopefully though, it'll stay with me for quite a while so I will try and get all I can out of it :D

I didn't buy this car to make money anyway, it's a hobby - you expect it to cost money.

hi mate, do you mind if i ask how much you paid, i bought mine back in march, i gave £8000k for it. Well the car was up for £8000k but i part ex my nissan s14a and dealer gave me £4000 for it, so the supra cost me £4000cash but its still £8000k however you look at it i suppose. i thought it was worth it to be honest as my nissan was starting to rust pretty bad being a uk car and it had 120kon the clock running 1bar so i took it as a way out before something went bang and what i thought at the time is il always have a car worth more than my 200sx in owning the supra, looks like i was maybe wrong there, but i dont care, love the supra awesome car fair play, plus its like 14yearold and will knock spots off my nissan in condition, underneath 100% zero rust, its like its been in a time warp or something.

hi mate, do you mind if i ask how much you paid, i bought mine back in march, i gave £8000k for it. Well the car was up for £8000k but i part ex my nissan s14a and dealer gave me £4000 for it, so the supra cost me £4000cash but its still £8000k however you look at it i suppose. i thought it was worth it to be honest as my nissan was starting to rust pretty bad being a uk car and it had 120kon the clock running 1bar so i took it as a way out before something went bang and what i thought at the time is il always have a car worth more than my 200sx in owning the supra, looks like i was maybe wrong there, but i dont care, love the supra awesome car fair play, plus its like 14yearold and will knock spots off my nissan in condition, underneath 100% zero rust, its like its been in a time warp or something.

£8000k????? That's a HELL OF A LOT OF MONEY! I'm assuming you either mean £8k, or £8000.... lol

I posted what I paid earlier. It was more than yours, I nearly bought your car but for a few reasons I was happier with this one - it had the modifications I wanted, and IMO (I must stress, IMO) was a better colour. For me to buy yours, and then do it up to what I want, would have cost me more than the difference between the two prices.

This thread has the prices of the cars, as posted above

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=152997&highlight=5200

Edited by Pabs (see edit history)

£8000 yes, probably could have haggled a bit, its dun now, and i do not regret paying that for it one bit. condition of the car is mint, its red yes, some like it some dont, my next choice would have been a black one. this one came up so i snapped it up. not as tho theres much choice on twinturbo aerotops anyway is there,as they seem very rare and didint want a hardtop, its why i payed 8k for it.