The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Egt,air Fuel Ratio And Fuel Pressure

Guest Nizam

Guest Nizam

at the moment i got 3 gauges turbo,oil pruss and oil temp.

i don't really need water temp or volt. it pointless

now im im goin to get afr.

to be fair i got 3 defi gauges when already in the car when i bought it.. Boost, oil press and fuel press.. dont ask me why it just did. and only boost was plumb in.. for the sake that they are expensive and the wiring is already done im just gonn have the other 2 plumb in.. the only other difference is that i will endeavour to understand the true meaning of them... plus they look pretty lol! ive heard a lot people say u only need boost the others are just waste of time.. i happen to agree wit this.. i mean AFR is good but does anyone really know the ratio of fuel to air should be... (without looking it up!!) lol

im more baffled by the fact hes from durham but his english is poor.. oh wait :p lol

to be fair i got 3 defi gauges when already in the car when i bought it.. Boost, oil press and fuel press.. dont ask me why it just did. and only boost was plumb in.. for the sake that they are expensive and the wiring is already done im just gonn have the other 2 plumb in.. the only other difference is that i will endeavour to understand the true meaning of them... plus they look pretty lol! ive heard a lot people say u only need boost the others are just waste of time.. i happen to agree wit this.. i mean AFR is good but does anyone really know the ratio of fuel to air should be... (without looking it up!!) lol

im more baffled by the fact hes from durham but his english is poor.. oh wait :p lol

Too many poeople fit gauges without asking exactly what they do

The AFR is most important in a modded car, I perhaps look at mine a little too often !, fitting one and not taking the time to find out what it does is as useful as not having one at all, the defi's in my car are the only way the car can tell me whats going on and can prevent damage before it happens.