The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Tigra with Supra Spoiler!

Professor Kenny

I was visiting my folks in Braintree last weekend and I had to nip to Tescos while I was there.

As I was coming out of the shop I saw an old Vauxhall Tigra (Mk1) parking, with a Supra spoiler stuck on the back! It was a bit too wide but it sort of looked okay - definitely better than one of those stainless bolt-on things all the Max Power kids get.

Funny though - and made me feel smugly superior as I drove off in my real Supra =)

Saying that, i saw a vauxhall calibra with a Supra spolier the other day lol...:blink: :D

I was never sure if those were standard on the car. Every other calibra i have ever seen has had a supra type spoiler on them. Makes them look like a shopping trolly.

Guest mattsupra

the thing is these are not supra spoilers

the infact after market versions which as stated are called evo spoilers

and they did them to fit loads of cars but yes a take of the supra to begin with i suppose

reiger did most of them and then places follwed with there molds etc

And it's not just Tigra drivers....

http://www.speedydelivery.co.uk/images/puma_evo_rear_spoiler.jpg

http://www.lester.it/images/galleria/PUMA2.jpg

Stupid gaylord tiny coupe drivers thinking they can be all macho!

And my interesting fact for today. The Puma was meant to become Fords offical WRC rally car but quite late in the day they changed to the Focus. However some full Puma WRC rally cars were made and i think a few are still used. Hence why a limited edition Racing ford puma was released for the road as all WRC cars have to be based on a road car.

Also ford stuck that massive spoiler on and bodykit places copied it.

And my interesting fact for today. The Puma was meant to become Fords offical WRC rally car but quite late in the day they changed to the Focus. However some full Puma WRC rally cars were made and i think a few are still used. Hence why a limited edition Racing ford puma was released for the road as all WRC cars have to be based on a road car.

Also ford stuck that massive spoiler on and bodykit places copied it.

The Puma wasn't in the WRC class, it was JWRC or S1600 alongside things like the Saxo, Punto, Swift etc - they ran the development for the WRC Focus at the same time and blew the budget on it. When the Puma wasn't as competitive as hoped on the rally stages them decided to focus on the Focus.

I think.

I think I may have seen that car (or a similar one). I like the look of the calibras, but not with a huge rear spolier!

I used to have a Cally and on the owners club forum there was always a lot of (friendly) discussion about whether they looked better with or without a spoiler. Personally I thought they looked good without a spoiler, but there were a few with a really low discreet one that looked okay as well. The evo ones imo just don't go with that car at all...

I hadn't made the association between the evo spoilers and the Supra - I think it was just that it looked so stupendously bad on the Tigra that I noticed it =)