The mkiv Supra Owners Club

This always breaks my heart :(

Guest dangerousandy

Guest mattsupra

yer interested in the suspension for sure if you can get me a price please anyone?

scotster:screws available at toyota direct buddy as ive just got some for a few £'s so might be worth getting new ones buddy

yer interested in the suspension for sure if you can get me a price please anyone?

scotster:screws available at toyota direct buddy as ive just got some for a few £'s so might be worth getting new ones buddy

Gotta be quicker than that chap :p

Gav and I are going down there on Saturday to get the engine, drivetrain and suspension.

I'm just waiting for Andy to reply to see what we can do about getting parts for others. He might be able to get a better price. One of us will let you know what happening and if we have opportunity to get additional parts.

Gav and I are going down there on Saturday to get the engine, drivetrain and suspension.

I'm just waiting for Andy to reply to see what we can do about getting parts for others. He might be able to get a better price. One of us will let you know what happening and if we have opportunity to get additional parts.

The boss has said yes, so me, the lamb-boona and trailer will be there :p

Just been down there. Strange, apart from some panel damage it's picked up in the yard there's nothing wrong with it :blink:

it does beg the question why its in there in the first place, a healthy running car with a MOT would not end up in the scrappy, i remember helping my mate change his knacked Rover V8 SD1 engine many moons ago for one he bought from the scrappy, turned out it burned more oil than the one we removed :rlol:

Gav and I are going down there tomorrow to get the engine out and a "few" parts I need to get my Supra running again

Does anyone need any bits? It's pretty much complete so nearly everything is available. The only aftermarket bits are the steering wheel and chrome dash rings... One headlight has a crack and the front bumper is slightly damaged

Unfortunately I cannot give you an idea on prices, so you'll have to trust me to get a good price ;)

So far:

Homer - engine, box, diff, prop, engine loom + a lot of bolts!

Gav - coilovers

Dash Rendar - Lower front passenger side suspension arm

spr - Drivers window regulator

Some pics from today :D Got the diff, prop, brakes and most of the the suspension off. Engine and box are all disconnnected and ready to be dropped out. Dash is removed and we (well Gav)nearly got all the pedals out.

Still strange this car was in there. There was obviously nothing wrong with it before it arrived, but some "items" Gav found in the car seems to suggest the previous owner had some run in's with the police ;)

4Image068 (2).jpg

4Image068 (7).jpg

4Image068 (6).jpg

4Image068 (8).jpg

Image152.jpg

homer why do you want this engine anyway has the V8 chevy idea bit the dust :(

Good question :)

The V8 install is still the target, but there are a couple of reasons why I've gone this route:

1) The cars electrics, fuel system, well everything really was hacked to death. I had to completely rebuild it, but I still have doubts about some aspects of it. I would really like to test everything works correctly before sending the car for the (very expensive) conversion

2) It's going to be a good 6 months before the main conversion can start so this is a change to get some use out of the car and fix a few issues in the mean time

3) I needed to get the drivetrain parts, clutch cyliner, pedals etc off the scrapper anyway so it was only an extra couple of hours to get the engine and box out.

4) It was only £350 and it's something I can resell at a later stage

So, just a logical mid-conversion step to take really :) Plus it'll be the cheapest supra ever :D

Good question :)

The V8 install is still the target, but there are a couple of reasons why I've gone this route:

1) The cars electrics, fuel system, well everything really was hacked to death. I had to completely rebuild it, but I still have doubts about some aspects of it. I would really like to test everything works correctly before sending the car for the (very expensive) conversion

2) It's going to be a good 6 months before the main conversion can start so this is a change to get some use out of the car and fix a few issues in the mean time

3) I needed to get the drivetrain parts, clutch cyliner, pedals etc off the scrapper anyway so it was only an extra couple of hours to get the engine and box out.

4) It was only £350 and it's something I can resell at a later stage

So, just a logical mid-conversion step to take really :) Plus it'll be the cheapest supra ever :D

ahh makes sense now, good to see the chevy is still on plan i love projects like that

Guest dangerousandy

OMG!! sorry lads, have been really busy and not had a chance to check messages etc. I will have a word with terry asap!:innocent:

OMG!! sorry lads, have been really busy and not had a chance to check messages etc. I will have a word with terry asap!:innocent:

Bit late matey, we pretty much stripped it already :D Got quite a few parts for folks here too. Need to head back and get a few more before they crush it :Pling: