The mkiv Supra Owners Club

20k-30k What would you do?

Guest LennyLexus

How can one tell on a 40-70mph road? :search:

By how fast you end up in license loosing territory without trying ;)

I think a graph like Wez's would be perfect for me. I don't want silly power that can only be used in a straight line but i also want as much as possible at any time possible.

600bhp with a quick spool and plenty of torque sounds good to me :D

911's, i just cant get excited about them (even tho, i'm trying to achieve similar goals).

One car that I really really really do want, is the LF-A, but with price projections of £200k, i think i'll be waiting 15years+

No matter how quick it is I cant see people spending £200k on a Lexus.

Afterall only 350 people or so bought a uk 50k supra.

Where'd you hear that from?

Edited by supra_aero (see edit history)

By how fast you end up in license loosing territory without trying ;)

I think a graph like Wez's would be perfect for me. I don't want silly power that can only be used in a straight line but i also want as much as possible at any time possible.

600bhp with a quick spool and plenty of torque sounds good to me :D

I can drive v.fast without breaking the speedlimit on the right roads to show how quick a car is. My point was I am wondering if you'd be able to tell the difference between theses 'sorted' supras with their CW setups.

Guest LennyLexus
No matter how quick it is I cant see people spending £200k on a Lexus.

Afterall only 350 people or so bought a 50k supra.

Where'd you hear that from?

Wasnt the UK figure 650ish it was only sold a select Lexus outlets aswell.

http://forums.motivemag.com/zerothread?id=3849405

From my experience with Lexus US $ had almost equaled £ price here, IS300 $34k-->£30k here

IF the L-FA is an SLR competitor (which i'm uncertain off) then it will be good for money, but if its against F430 etc, its doomed apart from sales to a few sheikhs.

Wasnt the UK figure 650ish it was only sold a select Lexus outlets aswell.

http://forums.motivemag.com/zerothread?id=3849405

From my experience with Lexus US $ had almost equaled £ price here, IS300 $34k-->£30k here

IF the L-FA is an SLR competitor (which i'm uncertain off) then it will be good for money, but if its against F430 etc, its doomed apart from sales to a few sheikhs.

possibly 650 were sold. Forgot. Not many anyhow. Was always surprised uk supra sales figures were so low. And frustrated how many people actually bought autos, as good as they are - if I had a choice I'd have definitely got a manual!

I wonder what type of people were the first uk supra buyers? I reckon middle aged gentlemen who had been buying toyotas for over 15 years. :D

Well, you could get a low mileage supra and spend the considerable £££ left over in your budget on a single conversion. I was also thinking about a Maserati etc but with those types of cars you probably pay a lot for the name. At least with Toyota, your money goes on engineering and styling, and not a fancy badge (I sense your more interested in the performance than the badge :D) )

I think in 5years time if you really want a supra, buy a vvti supra with a good spec from japan(700bhp with awesome brakes and suspension set up with 6sp:D) and just add some personal touches to it. You should still have lots money left for enjoying the car on track etc.

I'am sure supra's will still be turning heads in years to come.

But if you want a beast of a machine in 5years time the gtr seems to be the better choice especially by then there should be lots of tuning parts out. It would definetly be a better and faster car than the supra would be but I still love supra's.

Just save up and see how you feel by then, you never know you might like german cars by then or the fuel prices become so high that you just buy a fast super bike to have fun in.

I do think people will love older cars as the years go on, there a great resturation project and seeing a old car look like new and going faster than a new car is f**king amazing I think.