The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Help!! NA Crank Pulley needed fast!!

Havard

Ooh, put the handbags away girls........;)

Thanks Rob. I've got sorted with a new one from Toyota. My car has now done 84K miles and it looks as if the belt has never been changed. The have struggled to get to pulley off and have used heat and a rubber mallet. It is debatable as to whether they have buggered it or not but I can't really argue with them as they have done me a few favours of late. Seeing that this is a 12 year old pulley then I am not really that upset about shelling out the £200 for a new part. The new pulley will be collected in the morning, all being well.......;)

I did have a chance to get a free one off Hoff but it wasn't worth the risk with a 1300 mile round trip coming up.......;) Oh and I got 15% off the price of the pulley from HW Moon Toyota in Wigan.......:)

The irony is that the belt is in amazing condition.......:blink:

See above, but thanks for the advice matey boy!!

H.

Defiantely done the right thing mate with your trip coming up:) I hope it all goes well and if you need anything else from an NA engine give me a shout;)

Taken off with a properly made puller they should suffer zero shock, stress, temperature change or any other trauma, but I consider them a consumable and if the budget allows should be changed when a cam belt needs doing.

In which case then I think I've done well to get this far. There is no evidence in the receipts or under the bonnet to suggest that the belt has ever been replaced.

It's only money......:D

H.

Ooh, put the handbags away girls........;)

Thanks Rob. I've got sorted with a new one from Toyota. My car has now done 84K miles and it looks as if the belt has never been changed. The have struggled to get to pulley off and have used heat and a rubber mallet. It is debatable as to whether they have buggered it or not but I can't really argue with them as they have done me a few favours of late. Seeing that this is a 12 year old pulley then I am not really that upset about shelling out the £200 for a new part. The new pulley will be collected in the morning, all being well.......;)

I did have a chance to get a free one off Hoff but it wasn't worth the risk with a 1300 mile round trip coming up.......;) Oh and I got 15% off the price of the pulley from HW Moon Toyota in Wigan.......:)

The irony is that the belt is in amazing condition.......:blink:

See above, but thanks for the advice matey boy!!

H.

How the hell did you manage to get 15% off Havard?! ;) :D

oh the irony beaker!! my last post was spelt perfectly, yet yours on the other hand had the following mistakes:

Wanna: Want

Nah: No

Didnt: Didn't x2

Full stop after "word", not a comma

maybe a trip back to primary?

My life is over. Thick Matt is correcting my spelling :(

Want me to trawl the forum to find your mistakes? Apart from a tangerine mistake of course.

Cock

Now now ladies put your handbags away!!:p

I have a gift.....;)

The garage who are doing the work were a bit shocked, they said "Toyota never give us f*ck all..!!"......:D

H.

show them your membership card and you can get 20% off at

good toyota dealerships.;)

show them your membership card and you can get 20% off at

good toyota dealerships.;)

I thought even Steve Manley only gave 15%.....:blink:

Either way, the pulley is now with the garage and it will be ready on monday. Gives me plenty of time to get the car ready for Le Mans.......:D

H.