The mkiv Supra Owners Club

no dump valve concern

L33

Sorry to hijack your thread, but do anybody know if it is possible to run stock BOV and and HKS ssqv(vent in the air) on a UK/US with MAF. Without having stalling og running rich problems?

Not recommended to run a vent to atmosphere BOV on a MAF based car, as it will mess up the fueling. HKS do an adapter for the SSQV so you can recirculate back into the intake.

Not recommended to run a vent to atmosphere BOV on a MAF based car, as it will mess up the fueling. HKS do an adapter for the SSQV so you can recirculate back into the intake.

Hi Nic:p

Yes I know, but then I'm going to miss the beloved sound from the HKS ssqv when it vent out in the air.. But anyway rather have it recirculated than harming my engine:(

i will cap it off then fuck it lol.

next question, since the HKS BOV is now across the other side of the engine do i still run the hose with the small filter on it to the same place or is there a place closer. a picture of someones set up would be really handy tbh lol im not good at writing out technical stuff :p

The below picture is a shot of the rear of the intake manifold. You can see a pipe with brown tape on it. This pipe attaches to a metal pipe that runs behind the engine, connects to the one of the small pipes that sit on top of the turbo and connect to the stock BOV. So in short, if you can get to this hose, I would remove it and connect a new hose to it and connect it to your new BOV.

So it work work perfectly with no adverse effects if I were to remove the stock dump valve and block all the pipes there?

Nope nothing, other than the best sound ever and that is Turbo Chatter!

All this stalling the turbo is damaging stuff is just a myth IMO.

i know its hot but not great for engine

It doesn't affect the engine mate, only allegedly the turbos as the boost goes back through the compressor causing it to stall which makes the flutter sound.

I've yet to see an actual turbo damaged from this though.