The mkiv Supra Owners Club

BHP Estimation Please

Jellybean

Sure a Stock TT gives out 310 hp at the crank, with mods on car surely she would be higher BHP especially if it can give F430 a run for its money

Thats crazy talk

I dont think Gaz is far out to be honest, you are not far from stock with your spec, you have raised the boost and have an intercooler, thats about it really for power mods,the CAT situation seems to be a bit of an unknown, only true way to find out is a power run, what do you think the RWHP is then ??

Sure a Stock TT gives out 310 hp at the crank, with mods on car surely she would be higher BHP especially if it can give F430 a run for its money

Thats crazy talk

you have the first cat in, if your rwhp is more than 280 i will eat my hat;)and i work in construction (so it will be painfull:D) you need to allow for drivetrain losses, sorry for the bad news mate;)

I am just basing off F430, and it seems hell of alot quicker than 300 bhp at the wheels, Mate got his Supra dyno at 320 BHP at Wheels and mine is quicker, So I was thinking around 350-380

But I think I will jsut get dynoed

seriously with your setup you would have to move to the usa to achieve those figures:d

seriously with your setup you would have to move to the usa to achieve those figures:d

Obviously the car must have something else under the hood I dont know of, I dont think a Supra with 280bhp can go toe to toe with F430 and Mate said he was really goin for it

I will dyno and see what the crack is think theres one in next few weeks

I disagree. There are three other places he could easily have 400bhp:

• InterPro
  • Thor Racing
  • Fantasy Island

Owww look at me Jake, I'm making people Happy! I'm the magical man, from Happy Land, who lives in a gumdrop house on Lolly Pop Lane!!!!...... By the way I was being sarcastic...”

Owww look at me Jake, I'm making people Happy! I'm the magical man, from Happy Land, who lives in a gumdrop house on Lolly Pop Lane!!!!...... By the way I was being sarcastic...”

Oh Dear :(

You came on here and asked peoples opinion on your BHP, when told something you dont like to hear about your own spec and car you react, why bother posting and not just get it Dyno'd ?

I am just basing off F430, and it seems hell of alot quicker than 300 bhp at the wheels, Mate got his Supra dyno at 320 BHP at Wheels and mine is quicker, So I was thinking around 350-380

But I think I will jsut get dynoed

I have hybrids, emanage exhaust, 550cc injectors blah blah... I dont think I'm near those figures for RWHP!

mate we are not trying to p*ss on your fire, but given the mods stated with the 1st cat in place it will never be 400rwhp never even near that, i have never heard of a true 400rwhp on twins, 400fwhp maybe but the supra has fair size transmission losses, more if your auto, but does it really matter, but a suggestion is if you are looking for serious horses, just ask peoples opinions and if you don,t like them BITE YOUR TONGUE otherwise people will not offer you help or advice;)

When my old car was basically a stock TT with Nur Spec R exhaust and first cat still in place, it was pulling 245 RWHP (just a shade over 300 FWHP) @ 0.9 bar.

When I took out the first cat, fitted a 1.2 bar restrictor ring and did the other BPU mods, the car then dyno'd at 315 RWHP (about 400 FWHP).

Sounds like you're in the same boat. (Apologies to those that have already made similar comments... I just figured that my old car was a similar upgrade path and I had some solid figures to work with.)

Obviously the car must have something else under the hood I dont know of, I dont think a Supra with 280bhp can go toe to toe with F430 and Mate said he was really goin for it

I will dyno and see what the crack is think theres one in next few weeks

Either:

a) he wasn't trying

b) you are talking b*llocks.

You can pick.

F430's do 0-100 in low 8's, which is faster than Terry Saunder's GT35 single with 550bhp which did it in 9 seconds.