The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Who is using the AEM set up?

CJ

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are also self learning to some extent. So once set up you have a bit of leeway.

I am using the somewhat older version, the F-Con S

CJ I am surprised that you don't know about them ;) I would have thought that TDI (they have the HKS Power writer software) would have clued you in to thier benifits as I remember hearing that you have done business with them in the past.

and you have to be approved by HKS to fit and tune them

The "approval" consists of the amount of HKS business that they do, they have to have a certain amount of "turnover" (I belive it was a 5 figure amount) to become "authorised", I assume that some schooling in the use of it is also included to the franchise but it is the monetary amount that they are thinking of first and formost.

They are also self learning to some extent. So once set up you have a bit of leeway.

I am using the somewhat older version, the F-Con S

CJ I am surprised that you don't know about them ;) I would have thought that TDI (they have the HKS Power writer software) would have clued you in to thier benifits as I remember hearing that you have done business with them in the past.

No, I have never dealt with TDI. You must be thinking of another good looking finely honed guy! :p

This is very interesting. I have always thought that the choice of EMS was between the piggy back systems like the E-manage and the stand alones like Motec and AEM. Not being able to fiddle about with it is no problem to me as i am not the most technically minded chap in the world. :stupid:

I guess the biggest factor is going to be the cost of buying and maping (as it is with all stand alones) and the availability of expertise.

Time for some investigtating methinks

CJ, 'Loks' another member from Hong Kong had the HKS V-pro fitted in his TT with the HKS Navigator display fitted. I think the Navigator is similar to the E-01/e-manage by allowing the user to adjust the settings of the v-pro. I asked the tuners I use (who are both the HKS and Greddy main suppliers in HK) and they said that the v-pro is very similar to the e-manage but offers more mapping adjustability, it is a bit more expensive as well.

Guest Usmann A

Hey Terry, sounds like the V pro works well for you.

I take it you used it as a piggyback unit?

I heard Reg Reimer was in the UK, did he by any chance tune it?

CJ, 'Loks' another member from Hong Kong had the HKS V-pro fitted in his TT with the HKS Navigator display fitted. I think the Navigator is similar to the E-01/e-manage by allowing the user to adjust the settings of the v-pro. I asked the tuners I use (who are both the HKS and Greddy main suppliers in HK) and they said that the v-pro is very similar to the e-manage but offers more mapping adjustability, it is a bit more expensive as well.

From what I can gather, the V-pro cannot be mapped by anyone other than a specified HKS dealer and is not programmable at all by the end user. I guess that could be seen as a down side but to me (as a complete technical numpty) this is not such an issue.

From what I can gather, the V-pro cannot be mapped by anyone other than a specified HKS dealer and is not programmable at all by the end user. I guess that could be seen as a down side but to me (as a complete technical numpty) this is not such an issue.

I think you are right the V-pro has to be installed by an HKS pro dealer, but I translated the HKS Japan site and it seems to say that the HKS Navigator can be used to adjust the V-pro settings, though to what extent I'm not sure.

I'll have a chat with the owner of the HKS shop here and try to find out more info.

http://world.altavista.com/babelfish/trurl_pagecontent?lp=ja_en&trurl=http%3a%2f%2fwww.hks-power.co.jp%2fproducts%2felectronics%2fcom%2ffcon_navi.html

I think you are right the V-pro has to be installed by an HKS pro dealer, but I translated the HKS Japan site and it seems to say that the HKS Navigator can be used to adjust the V-pro settings, though to what extent I'm not sure.

I'll have a chat with the owner of the HKS shop here and try to find out more info.

http://world.altavista.com/babelfish/trurl_pagecontent?lp=ja_en&trurl=http%3a%2f%2fwww.hks-power.co.jp%2fproducts%2felectronics%2fcom%2ffcon_navi.html

Spoke to the HKS main dealer today he explained that the F-CON V Pro cannot be linked to/mapped by the HKS Navigator and can only be mapped by an HKS pro dealer who has the software, as you stated CJ

The Navigator is compatible with the F-CON S/SZ and can be used to modify their settings.

I assume you chaps are aware of it, but thought it was worth a mention.

John Reed from Torque Freaks is due in the UK in April to be tuning a number of cars. Could be a good chance for anyone who'd want the Torque Freaks chaps to tweek your AEM setups as thats their specialty I believe

Germany and Amsterdam on this trip I understand - but not a UK visit arranged yet - although it might tie in nicely!