Branners

Isn't this how it works:

You set the temperature dial colder than the car is now:

IF outside temp > inside air temp THEN car decides to recirculate

IF outside temp

You set the temperature dial warmer than the car is now:

IF outside temp > inside air temp THEN car decides to let fresh air in

IF outside temp

Plus if you switch the Air Con on, it'll automatically set itself to recirculate for efficiency.

Makes sense to me ;)

It's no good though. Recirc = steamy windows for me, if the A/C is off :(

Mine always did this JB. I think you have to turn the auto control off for it to revert to your last setting. Once the car is turned off with the auto off, IIRC it will stay that way when you start it again. It's been a while, so might have that a wrong!

I wish I'd known this back when I had my Supra.

Makes sense to me ;)

It's no good though. Recirc = steamy windows for me, if the A/C is off :(

oh yeah - air con should automatically come ON when you hit front window demist (dry air removes moisture). Rear window demist doesn't affect the air con setting as that's done with heater elements, of course. :)

didnt expect this to be quite such a big discussion. Strange its never been mentioned before.

Its quite annoying when it does it as the car gets steadly warmer and stuffier at which point I realise its on recirc.

The pre-facelifts dont do this do they?

didnt expect this to be quite such a big discussion. Strange its never been mentioned before.

Its quite annoying when it does it as the car gets steadly warmer and stuffier at which point I realise its on recirc.

All the stuff I said above happened on my old Supe. Not sure about my facelift one; haven't tested all that yet (plus the air con is empty after the heater matrix was replaced).

Same here on a '98, defaults to recirc on start up if set to minimum temp...Id swear my old one ('93) did too. Its not a problem really, similar to the traction control always defaulting to on when at start up.

Yeh as i said in my last post on this thread, i think i speak for everyone on here with Supra's, they all do it and its nothing to worry about Branners.

My '94 n/a used to do it and so does my '98 VVTi TT...:D

Although after reading this thread, i have paid alot more attention to it lol! :D