The mkiv Supra Owners Club

electronic True Twin Conversion ON/OFF Kit

bmx1lew

I think the whole point of TTC is being missed here! its not really a way of saving fuel, although it does to an extent, its just a different form of power delivery and totally different to the sequential system,if you want to save money, you can achieve the same economy by being careful with the throttle.

what would you say the TTC is like, I might give it ago if, if i like both i may look at the e manger thingy however no time soon just when i have spare dosh

I liked it. I found the car more controllable and easier to launch. I did notice a small increase in fuel economy but not a huge amount. It's also noisier. Make sure you've got a boost controller and fuelling sorted before you do it though, otherwise it won't run as well and you won't see the full benefit.

:yeahthat: please dont pay £50 for something that costs no more than £5 to make.

Dont worry I wont, Maplins it is!

I liked it. I found the car more controllable and easier to launch. I did notice a small increase in fuel economy but not a huge amount. It's also noisier. Make sure you've got a boost controller and fuelling sorted before you do it though, otherwise it won't run as well and you won't see the full benefit.

Really got me wanting to try it, another reason is i wouldnt mind giving the car a bit volume, however I doubt i would go for this mod any time soon.

Did you use e-manager and who did your map?

Lew

Really got me wanting to try it, another reason is i wouldnt mind giving the car a bit volume, however I doubt i would go for this mod any time soon.

Lew

I had a new ECU, a power FC mapped by RyanG

Dont worry I wont, Maplins it is!

Lew

If you just want to try before cutting into your loom why not do the 2 pipe change option?

It takes less than 3 minutes to do and if you dont like it then change it back.

TBH mate I don't like it and personally think you'd be better off getting the Walbro fuel pump in this thread for £80 rather than wasting money on expensive switches to ruin the sequential setup Toyota invested millions developing

Im assuming you havent read this thread, I didnt realise that you could make one for £5 I am going to do that instead, not wasting £50 if i can make one.

If you just want to try before cutting into your loom why not do the 2 pipe change option?

It takes less than 3 minutes to do and if you dont like it then change it back.

How do you do that? :sly:

I really enjoyed the ETTC mod on my UK spec 6sp. With the steel internals the low down response isnt as good as with a j-spec so running TTC gives a completely different car.

Not so sure of the benefits on a j-spec, a lot of low down power would be lost.