The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Too loud for trackdays!

turbobungle

H&S measured it at approx 92db at 3500rpm when they fitted it.

Did you measure it at 4500 rpm by chance? (That's about 3/4 revs I think I recall).

EDIT: Are we talking noise levels after plumbing wastegate back in and an exhaust baffle here?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

OK, just measured mine. I have a GReddy Ti exhaust, double d-cat, single turbo, external wastegate.

1200rpm ~ 95dB

3500rpm ~ 105dB

4500rpm ~ 113dB

With the baffle in I have:

1200rpm ~ 91dB

3500rpm ~ 95dB

4500rpm ~ 104dB

But I wouldn't want to run with a baffle in on a track day ...

EDIT: Sounds nice though :-)

I don't think my Nur Spec is particualrly noisy. But the screamer pipe is, well, just screaming! I have only used my ears as a test but I reckon the screamer pipe adds at least twice as much noise.

Wez, what are the costs of a center silencer? did this account for any performance loss? What was required to plumb the external back in? Was it just fabrication or is there somethig off the shelf?

I ask this because I love the sound when I have the road to myself, but it is a tad embarrassing when overtaking as when it kicks in you can see the other drivers noticeably flinch because of the auditory attack... so many questions :innocent:

Wez, what are the costs of a center silencer? did this account for any performance loss? What was required to plumb the external back in? Was it just fabrication or is there somethig off the shelf?

H&S charged approx £350, they joined the wastegate back to the main exhaust and fed it into a centre box.

Pic Here

All custom made, I wish there was something off the shelf.

OK, just measured mine. I have a GReddy Ti exhaust, double d-cat, single turbo, external wastegate.

1200rpm ~ 95dB

3500rpm ~ 105dB

4500rpm ~ 113dB

With the baffle in I have:

1200rpm ~ 91dB

3500rpm ~ 95dB

4500rpm ~ 104dB

But I wouldn't want to run with a baffle in on a track day ...

EDIT: Sounds nice though :-)

Is that static mate ? ie revving from idle ? Cos I'm afraid it will all be irrelevant once that wastegate starts singing ;)