The mkiv Supra Owners Club

1998 RZ-S VVTI Quicksilver TT

JimC

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had a complete numpty ring me up about the car on friday evening! Its advertised on pistonheads too now so it definately wasnt anyone from here! It went something like this...

I picked up the phone and the first thing the chav said before anythign else was...

" Whats it running mate"

(No hi, im ringing about the car or soemthing like that...)

"WHAT?" i replied...(already thinking the guy was a complete fool!)

"How fast is it then, whats it running" he said, pretty much shouting down the phone in his chavy accent!!!

" 134 horsepower i replied" just to pis$ him off even more

" Its only got three wheels too mate, you know like a robin reliant" i said...then hung up!

He rang straight back...

"Dont fu!$in hang up on me dic$£head" he said....to which i gave him an obscene amount of abuse and told him to go sit on a timebomb!!!

Quite funny, but i REALLY hate little tw"!s like that!

I wouldnt sell it to anyone like that just out of principle!

Oh well....onwards and upwards! ;-)

got a guy coming to see the car from Italy next friday!!!! He must be keen!!!

Anyone know what would be invloved my end in terms of selling it to him?

As far as i can see its just sorting the logbook (on which there is a section dedicated to seeling to an overseas buyer) and he will have to sort shipping himself!

Any thoughts?

make sure hes got gbp cash and even better if he will walk into a bank with you and put it in,just incase there fake;)and make sure ya fill the export slip in and send it off,or you'll end up paying car tax even though you sold the car;)

make sure hes got gbp cash and even better if he will walk into a bank with you and put it in,just incase there fake;)and make sure ya fill the export slip in and send it off,or you'll end up paying car tax even though you sold the car;)

Yes definately. Have all this under control.

Thanks for the help tho.

well the guy from Italy was EXTREMELY KEEN!

Although he did express an interest in paying in Euros (cash)!!!

He kept going on about how this may be better for me given the exchange rate.

For my peace of mind, i think i'll just say i want it in £ sterling and insist he come with me to the bank here in England to check the money out.

ANY THOUGHTS GUYS?

Nooooo!! I am glad my previous supra has given you trouble free ownership! Will be shame to see this go.

Yeah, awful shame to see it go.

I have done a lot since i bought it from you James and the improvement of driveability was unbelieveable.

The brakes are now 4 Pot Front and 2 Pot Rear with 3G grooved brakes all round. The smaller brakes were pathetic, but now its stops on a penny!

The CW suspension is absoloutely fantastic. The suspension that was originally on it was very poor. Spongey and floppy, but now it's tight, rigid and solid.

It's been very very well looked after so i wanna see it go to a good home where it will be properly taken care of as it has been up to now.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.