The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Finally made a start!! Tell me what u think???

SuperSupra25

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

halfway through doing mine, did you have to use much fibreglass to get them into the right shape?

They don't need any fibreglass mate, they're a direct replacement for the stock lenses so just need some black sealant.

I'm still interested in the point Jamie made earlier about the amount of silicon visible once they're sealed again?

The probem with my abflugs was the sealant could be seen all around the edge and looked messy imo, is it the same with these?

What i did to hide any visable sealant was to mask off the lens leaving a half inch border all the way round which i then sprayed matt black. Problem solved!:D

What i did to hide any visable sealant was to mask off the lens leaving a half inch border all the way round which i then sprayed matt black. Problem solved!:D

Any close up pics? i bet it still looks messy compared to a nice new set of facelifts:)

i agree they look sweet but cant help thinking they effect the lights, Mr T hates spending money and the mould tools to make the lenses with all the spark eroded lines in will have cost a fortune, if they were not necesary they would not be there from stock, still they do look good

The lines in OEM headlamps do next to nothing, they are mainly for the main beam as that is the non directional lens, both projectors dipped and fogs are aimed to the left slightly like any right hand drive car and being a projector don’t require any directional lines on the external lens.

So to clarify a clear lens will just cause more scatter on main beam, but who cares and to be honest with a decent HID upgrade you hardly need main beams.

The lines in OEM headlamps do next to nothing, they are mainly for the main beam as that is the non directional lens, both projectors dipped and fogs are aimed to the left slightly like any right hand drive car and being a projector don’t require any directional lines on the external lens.

So to clarify a clear lens will just cause more scatter on main beam, but who cares and to be honest with a decent HID upgrade you hardly need main beams.

No scatter, not more - both main and dipped, round spot being high (full) beam.

high beam.jpg