The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Has he got the fastest Supra in the world?

Guest tony8

The Focus owner seemed alright to be honest (apart from thinking they handle well and Supras don't ;)), his mate with the Evo was quite excitable but ok in the end, it was the complete nobody who got worked up and started chucking accusations about who is a c0ck. At that point I become disinterested with the whole forum (bit of a 'last straw' I guess) and have upped sticks and left it completely. He can froth away to his hearts content. ;)

Ah I see. I didn't read the whole lot, just got the general gist.

whoaaa! I'm sure if I gave it a go - I'd be hooked in a nanosecond. I never said I didn't like it, I'm just worried it'd cost me tooooooo much. ;)

Oh it will, doesn't matter what sort of racing you get into. £££ is the name of the game.

That's more like me. Along with other elements of my life, I enjoy my car within the reasons of 'justifiable' expenses whenever I can. I look after it (erm... why wouldn't you look after your own possessions?) and will continue to do so until the crazy world we live in abolishes petrol and we all have to drive electric dullnesses. :(

Make the most of it - that's exactly my standpoint on things nowadays.

lol! Beep & wave if you pass any! :clap: Oh - and try not to catch anything 'icky' from the less desirable elements present at the show! ;)

I'll try and be a good boy :innocent: We're on one of the main stands in the paddock area though apparently and also staying in a hotel so hopefully i'll be relatively segregated from the undesirables.

I was quite impressed by the ceramic-dipped pipework he showed pics of - I'd never heard of people doing that before. Is it just a bling alternative to heat-wrap or are there any other (real) advantages?

It's much more efficient than heatwrap. And also a hell of a lot more expensive. I've seen it on 2 Supras and am considering doing it on mine when I get back from the 'Ring in May. My pipes have the BoostLogic heatcoating already but I feel it could be improved upon. Saying that, my under bonnet temps aren't bad at all. I'm only using a little turbo :D

It's an all too common and familiar story these days mate. I get the same on some of the forums I frequent (I use them to find out about local goings on and news from the scene). People turn into complete idiots when behind their keyboard and monitor.

This place is going the same way imo.

what about no traction till 6th gear you havnt said anything about that

It's just as I said there - the car struggles to get traction in gears 1-5,- I've still not put my foot to the floor or hit max boost. The geometry needs sorting out, that's about it really.

Didn't realise I was on trial. :search:

If its the one i think it is then i have seen that up here doing 100+ in a 40 around a limited visibility bend....Seems like a 'really cool' kinda guy :rolleyes:

Yeah he seemed to be a great guy. The focus owner also said he races on DCs too - yet I got flamed for saying I saved all that for the track. :rolleyes: