The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Injector swap.... to 440cc J-specs!!!!!

Rich J

OK get up off the floor I'm talking about swapping my 240cc injectors on my Integra to 440cc JDM Supra ones. This is the info I have,

1992-00 Integra type R - Saturated - 240cc

1993-up Supra non Turbo - Saturated - 315cc

1993-up UK Supra Twin Turbo - Peak and hold - 550cc

1993-up JDM Supra Twin Turbo - ??? - 550cc

How much more info do I need to know if they will work? Obviously I'm not sure if they actually fit, but I'm sure someone who has done an upgrade to 550cc can let me borrow for checking the dimensions. :)

If it all works there may be a market out there for all those old 440cc injectors sitting in boxes after upgrades.

Some will be asking why, well I'm hoping to get some pretty wild cams some time this summer and the current injectors already hit 95%-100% duty on virtually standard setup (according to the APEXi ECU readout) and I don't want to raise the fuel rail pressure when I already have a programmable ECU installed.

If any fabrication needs doing it's not worth it as you can get a set of 4 RC injectors in 310,370 or 440cc sizes for about 250 + delivery

Hoping someone like CW will be able to shed some light.

I've got a spare set of j-spec 440cc injectors...

Watch out for the Apexi unit's duty cycle reporting - it never gets above 50% on mine, despite the engine running lean by that point!  It only rises with revs, not with throttle position, which is incorrect.  I don't know if my setup is incorrect or if it's a flaw in the apexi units themselves...

-Ian

Quote: from Ian C on 1:12 pm on Mar. 21, 2002[br]I've got a spare set of j-spec 440cc injectors...

Watch out for the Apexi unit's duty cycle reporting - it never gets above 50% on mine, despite the engine running lean by that point!  It only rises with revs, not with throttle position, which is incorrect.  I don't know if my setup is incorrect or if it's a flaw in the apexi units themselves...

-Ian

Sorry, I should clarify I don't have an APEXi S-AFC, V-AFC or AVC-R piggy back type unit. I have an APEXi PowerFC replacement ECU the duty cycle it is reporting is what it is using to run the injectors, so I'm hoping it's pretty accurate. :)

The Integra Type R is well know for using a lot of duty on their injectors, so the high figures aren't a supprise to me.

Are you going to Santa Pod on 7th May? I wouldn't mind having a look at one of your 440cc s to see if they will physically fit.

OK, that's that cleared up, it should be accurate on the old duty cycle thang :)  I thought you should run injectors at 80% maximum, though - is that the stock setup, to run them that hard?

I'm not a Pod kind of person, so I won't be going.  I just expect the car to explode (again).

-Ian

Quote: from Ian C on 6:25 pm on Mar. 21, 2002[br]OK, that's that cleared up, it should be accurate on the old duty cycle thang :)  I thought you should run injectors at 80% maximum, though - is that the stock setup, to run them that hard?

Yeah that's the way they are set up as standard. In fact I believe the standard set-up runs a bit rich and the APEXi seems to be perfect mixture (runs at 0.82 on the O2 sensor voltage, which I believe is supposed to be optimum for power according to a few sites I have seen). I may plug the original ECU back in and see what that runs at.

I have even had 100% duty when caning it when it wasn't totally warmed up (there's fuel enrichment based on water temp). I know I'm bad but the guy in the Audi TT needed teaching a lesson :)

I'm not a Pod kind of person, so I won't be going.  I just expect the car to explode (again).

-Ian

Guest Martin F

Do you know whether the Integra injectors are top feed or side feed ?

Reason i ask is that the Supra TT injectors are side feed, but the MKIII injectors are top feed.

Quote: from HardHead42 on 9:32 am on Mar. 21, 2002[br]OK get up off the floor I'm talking about swapping my 240cc injectors on my Integra to 440cc JDM Supra ones. This is the info I have,

1992-00 Integra type R - Saturated - 240cc

1993-up Supra non Turbo - Saturated - 315cc

1993-up UK Supra Twin Turbo - Peak and hold - 550cc

1993-up JDM Supra Twin Turbo - ??? - 550cc

How much more info do I need to know if they will work? Obviously I'm not sure if they actually fit, but I'm sure someone who has done an upgrade to 550cc can let me borrow for checking the dimensions. :)

If it all works there may be a market out there for all those old 440cc injectors sitting in boxes after upgrades.

Some will be asking why, well I'm hoping to get some pretty wild cams some time this summer and the current injectors already hit 95%-100% duty on virtually standard setup (according to the APEXi ECU readout) and I don't want to raise the fuel rail pressure when I already have a programmable ECU installed.

If any fabrication needs doing it's not worth it as you can get a set of 4 RC injectors in 310,370 or 440cc sizes for about 250 + delivery

Hoping someone like CW will be able to shed some light.

Bosch "green" injectors 9 a common Cossie Sierra Turbo upgrade) should be adequate, but what's the resistance of the stock ones? I also have some good Porsche Carrera ones which will also be more than adequate. You'll need to fabricate some rail changes. I did my own on my RX-7 and on a Chevron i have just bought. PITA to do nicely, but that way you can use commonly available injectors. Here's a pic of the secondary injector rail I made for the RX, (Mazda use two pairs of injectors, primary and secondary, so the BIG (1400 cc) secondaries only fire under boost conditions. They meter better like that, being quite large.

http://www.mkivsupras.co.uk/

Thanks I'll look into these other aspects of the injectors, side or top feed, and resistance (is that something I can measure because I've looked around for it before but not been able to find it)

If I have to do any fabrication then it's not worth it because I'd have to pay someone to do it, and RC do lots of options for the Teg R and are not all the expensive and do a 310cc and 370cc which are more liekly to be the size I am looking for.

(Edited by HardHead42 at 8:34 am on Mar. 22, 2002)

Rich, I want to follow this one, as I know a Type R owner who will be very interested in the result.

He has just replace his clutch after destroying it chasing after a Skyline out of the Dartford gates on the way to Bolney.

I presume you will add details to your web site.

Last post as it's gone a bit off topic with the MkIV injectors being side feed. At the bottom of this page theirs a cam kit including a set of "440cc Toyota injectors (new)"! Are MkIII TT Supra Injectors 440cc?

http://godspeed.hack.net/toda.htm

here's a pic of RC 310cc injectors look familar to anyone?

http://www.mkivsupras.co.uk/

http://www.derestricted.net/itr/mods/RCE1.jpg

Guest Martin F

That is why i originally asked the question because i have a set of 6 MKIII injectors sitting in my garage.

As far as i know they are 440cc, i will try to confirm.

If your interested in them drop me an email.