The mkiv Supra Owners Club

FMIC choice?

flyby

Is that not a different question though Rich? That is which one is better, not which are adequate for application.

I know I bang on about the XS Power & yes they do make some crap, but my car runs tremendously with it on, intake temps are great (as logged here) and it cost me £150.

What ever IC you put on unless it properly ducted you are not making best use of it, this too has be proven to my satisfaction when Michel & myself did some testing (same day, same IC, one ducted one not, same front bumper).

True,ducting would make a significant difference as proven many times.

If you have tested the XS power intercooler and are happy with it thats fine.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

TBH that looks very similar to the xs.

I know people say end tank design is bad on the xs but loads of cars run them with no problems but if a GReddy Spec M is less than £400 delivered then i think its worth the extra £100 to stay with something thats known to be good.

I think a ducted XSPower will perform better than an unducted branded one ... especially judging by Jevansio's results from his ducting.

the first one looks just like the standard ebay jobbies with small end tanks.

Ive done loads of research on them now having caused quite a debate over them in the past week or so.

the hdi one looks the same althought it has hdi etched into it and a posh looking badge

Guest ImraanK
the first one looks just like the standard ebay jobbies with small end tanks.

Ive done loads of research on them now having caused quite a debate over them in the past week or so.

the hdi one looks the same althought it has hdi etched into it and a posh looking badge

Hdi does look like re branded ebay cooler... However it uses a tube and fin core... Most ebay intercoolers are bar and plate

im about to purchase this one from nic, comes with everything. Good price

If you can get it to UK whitout any importtax, wourld you then sale it to me?

This in not possible in DENMARK to get anything over $50 into denmark whitout paying Import 10% and TAX 25%...:blink:

But do i get it form a EU crontry there is no problem.

So the greddy to me is not $400 but £550, and it is a lot more then £225.. hey it is dubble :)

Look at the Greddy 3 Row end tanks compared to mine on the previous page:

I guess this is why the 3 Row is regarded so highly :D

Exactly.

The HKS R Type and ARC Intercoolers are better still, as they use cast end tanks that curve around onto the IC core

HKS R Type

http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/3128/picture1mr3.png

ARC

http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/9044/picture2ry7.png