The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Crank pulley

matt k

Just a word of warning for anybody running over 100'000 Miles, I was driving into Leeds on Saturday morning and heard a clatter and then a squeal from the auxillary belt, Upon searching under the bonnet i found the crank pulley looked considerably smaller, I then went back to the point where i had heard the clatter and found the following in the road, It went with no warning and was not showing any signs of "death wobble" before hand.:(

I was going to put on an ATI, but was advised that they are really only needed for huge power and high revs, Plus it has taken nearly 15 Years to kill this one (well 2 & 1/2 for me).

get your kid to silicone the pulley back on!:p

Guest scotthks

yep that happened to mine,just had it fixed,you will also need to change the belt,around £207 for a genuine toyota pulley and £52 for the belt

labour should be around 2-3 hours!

haha

I offered the ATI unit to the mate for £300 delivered with the serpentine belt.

The mate just above listed oem for 207+52 which is darn near the cost of the ATI. Again NOTHING is wrong with OEM as Toyota did a hell of a job. Just a thought if you have the extra cash ATI is an option as its very close in cost.

Kyle/Nic - In technical we look at why things fail/work. Start listing prices and I start moderating ;)

I suggest PM's and starting new threads elsewhere are the way to list prices.

Well said that man. I only wish all the other sections had the same rules and that sales banter was allowed in sales sections only.

I got back from the NW meet last night & thought the fan belt was squeaking. Popped the bonnet to have a look and the outer crank pulley was sat in the engine tray! :blink:

My question = What is the cheapest possible way to get this fixed? My car should be going in for an NA-TT conversion in the next few weeks and i don't want to shell out £££'s on an engine that's getting binned! :(

Would it be cheaper to leave the supe off the road & get it towed to the garage? I'm guessing i won't be able to drive it?...

Lighter isn't necessarily better, a harmonic balancer is fitted to prevent vibration of the crank, it is the weight it is for a reason.

That's a good point!

BoostLogic = ATI

As Nic says lighter isn't necessarily better. The stock one is designed for the stock engine by Toyota, not just some company that can make a balanced round disc.

Didn't knew Boostlogic=Ati, learning everyday :)

My question = What is the cheapest possible way to get this fixed? My car should be going in for an NA-TT conversion in the next few weeks and i don't want to shell out £££'s on an engine that's getting binned!
Fit a new one, then transfer it to the TT? (IIRC they're the same).