HID's which ones?

Guest Garfy

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I only want dipped anyway, as I've heard that they take a while to switch on, so not much good for flashing really.
Just curious about this...... I have 2 J-spec cars -- Soarer and Aristo -- and the headlamp flasher on both switches both dip and main. Is it the same on the J-spec Supra?

Excellent. I went for the 4300K 9006 (UK headlamps) at £83.21 (free delivery at the moment) delivered from US. :)

Just hope I can fit them easily!

I've decided to just fit new bulbs for the time being, let me know how you get on with them though mate, either that or I could give you a hand to fit them if you like?

I've decided to just fit new bulbs for the time being, let me know how you get on with them though mate, either that or I could give you a hand to fit them if you like?

Thanks for the offer Garfy. I may hold you to that! ;)

I'm so looking forward to seeing the difference. I'm pretty sure you will be convinced too :)

• 2 weeks later...
Who wrote that? It's not an official DFT document, is it? At first glance it looks like a quote from the Road traffic Act but it's actually not at all.

Is it not just a post or email somebody wrote?

It sounds like a rephrasing of this note:

http://www.dft.gov.uk/pgr/roadsafety/drs/hidheadlamps

Bottom line in practice though seems to be that if your headlights are aligned ok, HIDs won't attract unwanted attention from the law. I'd like to think that any clampdown on defects would first target (IMO more serious) defects like poor alignment/blown bulbs/high beam always on etc., but HIDs would be an easy target :(

...I'd like to think that any clampdown on defects would first target (IMO more serious) defects like poor alignment/blown bulbs/high beam always on etc...

Yeah, there are plenty of those driving about, especially on 'foreign' registered cars :rolleyes:

Very dangerous IMO. :(

And this from the Phillips Bulb site:-

Note “Please note that Xenon light can only be fitted by a professional car dealer. To comply with European legal requirements Xenon light can only be fitted to your car in combination with an “automatic leveling device” and a headlamp windshield cleaning system”. To find out more, please consult our FAQ section.”

Yayyy i knew there was a good reason for leaving the dildos on my do-luck front now i know it. lol:D;)

Chris