The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Miami Gt dyno day 23/02/2008 results.

jamesmark

Leaping to Marks defence here :D, he's purely quoting what I told him on the day (which in turn was what I was told from Andy).

Incase anyone is interested, the full details are on run number 1, the AFRs (at one point) showed to be in the 10's. I was OK with this as I had Ryan purposely map the car rich top end to keep things cool. For runs 2, 3, 4 etc Andy's wife wanted to sit in, so I jumped out. At the end Andy told me he was seeing AFRs in the 9's & it was this which was making me lose power (which was the basis for the comment I passed to Mark).

I gave the car a damn good thrashing on the way home and it feels as quick as ever (AFRs in the 10's only at the highest RPM), so I don't believe the car currently has any fuelling issues. I will be taking it our later this week to log from the AEM to confirm.

:D

Leaping to Marks defence here :D, he's purely quoting what I told him on the day (which in turn was what I was told from Andy).

Incase anyone is interested, the full details are on run number 1, the AFRs (at one point) showed to be in the 10's. I was OK with this as I had Ryan purposely map the car rich top end to keep things cool. For runs 2, 3, 4 etc Andy's wife wanted to sit in, so I jumped out. At the end Andy told me he was seeing AFRs in the 9's & it was this which was making me lose power (which was the basis for the comment I passed to Mark).

I gave the car a damn good thrashing on the way home and it feels as quick as ever (AFRs in the 10's only at the highest RPM), so I don't believe the car currently has any fuelling issues. I will be taking it our later this week to log from the AEM to confirm.

:D

9 afr's? was this measured by a gauge or the dyno?

Aem only reads to 10:1

The only way i can see it going this rich on the dyno is if the air temps went over 60c as i set the fuel to go rich then as a safety measure.

When im next up in newcastle Jay were go over to Andy's place together and then see what happens ;)

Aem only reads to 10:1

The only way i can see it going this rich on the dyno is if the air temps went over 60c as i set the fuel to go rich then as a safety measure.

When im next up in newcastle Jay were go over to Andy's place together and then see what happens ;)

It was pretty cool (ambients of around 15deg IIRC), don't know what the intake temps were (I should have taken my laptop :D)

Maybe, as I say the car is stunning, if I wasn't happy with how it was performing I would have taken you up on the offer, but currently I love the car & don't believe getting another dyno result of 500/550/600/650bhp will change how I feel about it :D