The mkiv Supra Owners Club

got my new supra yesterday yay

hemmjonny

Excellent colour choice there :cool:

Hope you got a good one from keighley. As someone mentioned, JodyT on here runs Interpro in Bristol, but it might be a bit far from you.

looks good apart from the chav roof spoiler, don't know why but those things just seem to ruin the classic shape of the supra, like the zeek front though i had one on my first supra and they look great.

I'm starting to like those roof spoiler things! Maybe not £120 like them, but I think they don't look too out of place anymore.

i still think that at £5500 its a lot of car considering what else you could buy out their for £5500 :search:

All my mates have recently bought hot hatches and every single one of them paid more for it than I did for my TT :D

Thanks for all your replies still think i will get it checked out somewere. i like the car looks good and go's well. just a few questions

The MIL light (think its called that) is on when i start the engine but turns off when i put the handbrake down is that right?

The right hand side dash info lights don't come on is that a easy fix?

and one thing i just noticed the white bottle on at the front of the engine bay has rotted at the top is that something i can change/fix

thanks

Jonathan

[quote=

The right hand side dash info lights don't come on is that a easy fix?

try giving it a smack with the palm of your hand upwards - works for me - due to dry solder joint; this is a very widely reported issue and is an easy fix. Id be a little concerned though as all your system management lights are NOT visible without this pod ie oil, engine warning etc.

try giving it a smack with the palm of your hand upwards - works for me - due to dry solder joint; this is a very widely reported issue and is an easy fix. Id be a little concerned though as all your system management lights are NOT visible without this pod ie oil, engine warning etc.

That works for me too. It's currently working fine at the moment but it wasn't a couple of months ago.

Fixing the dash pod, is very easy... if you are half handy with a soldering iron you will be fine.

Take the top dash piece off with 4 or 5 screws, unclip the odo wiring, unclip the wiring bit from the otherside. Unscrew the unit, open it up and if you look carefully you will probably see cracks in the solder. Just refresh them.

Argh! Stop smacking your dash and just RESOLDER connections behind.

No i think you miss understood me, i can clearly remember when i was buying my soop 5-6 years ago a 'straight' car like that with extras such as FMIC, bodykit etc etc, would have set you back 12-15k so if this car is 'straight' then i still think that at £5500 its a lot of car considering what else you could buy out their for £5500 :search:

That was in the stone age though,. time to move on bro :D..Good price for the car in fairness, im guessing he got it for even less!!

BUMP

i just noticed the white bottle on at the front of the engine bay has rotted at the top is that something i can change/fix

The MIL light (think its called that) is on when i start the engine but turns off when i put the handbrake down is that right?

I now get engine light, 2 oil lights, and a abs light is that all of them? for the right pod

hiya m8ee

Picked mine up last weekend, I'm in/near holsworthy. I have a few neggles much the same as yours to get sorted. Good luck, I always have a nervous feeling for the first month of getting a new car. will it break?, Have I been ripped off? etc etc

I have covered a fair few miles in the last coupla weeks. on my third tankful. Thats bude and back twice for anyone interested.... ;)

see you around no doubt

take care

Rob