The mkiv Supra Owners Club

mapping today

gaz1

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Over the moon for you Gaz, stunning results :thumbs:

apart from the box going it was a good result, was bloody funny though as me and matt had to sit in the boot to get traction, and poor ryan had to sitt on the floor as i had no passenger seat in, it was like something out of the flintstones:D

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Great result today mate, I'm chuffed to bits for you :D It's going to be a seriously quick car ;)

As for the gearbox, Gaz had issues with engaging 4th gear when he brought it in. We found what the problem was and corrected it but it was too late really. When we dropped the oil out of the gearbox, it was literally silver.

However, we put my car on the dyno for a bit after you left and noticed that the transmission losses were noticably less than yours, so with a rebuilt gearbox you should put more power on the ground :eyebrows:

Congrats gaz - nice result. Think the v160/161 can be had for around £2k brand new via MVP.

That's a few notable failures in the UK now, perhaps they aren't the bulletproof item many have suggested?!?

Cheers,

Brian.

i am pming all and scouring the planet for one as we speak:D

Nice to meet you today Gaz and thanks for the Subway foot long:d

Took a while to get it on the dyno due to some 'Special' TF wiring that i didn't like but we got there.

Thanks also to the AFR team for looking after me and must say having Subway round the corner is a winner for me :thumbs:

P.s I saw your video me in the passenger foot well so no posting on here :D

Nice to meet you today Gaz and thanks for the Subway foot long:d

Took a while to get it on the dyno due to some 'Special' TF wiring that i didn't like but we got there.

Thanks also to the AFR team for looking after me and must say having Subway round the corner is a winner for me :thumbs:

P.s I saw your video me in the passenger foot well so no posting on here :D

it came out dark so no point, and would like to say a big thanks for the wiring problem that you sorted, and great rates too;)

So refreshing to see 'tuner threads' full of grins and happiness.

Mate I am so pleased, this is our first car that we have had the engine out, had the head off, put back together and then fitted a full single kit aswell as FMIC etc etc. It hit the dyno and made a great figure - I'm well happy :)