The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Single Turbo or Twin Turbo?

Firestorm

There is a whole world of difference between a well setup single a stock based motor, its not really something you can describe, I would suggest trying to get a ride in one ;)

EDIT: my latest dyno plot from SRR is in my sig if you want to overlay.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You will actually find that a well setup Single has a very linear power curve...like Nics, its a very smooth power rush

With Hybrids its like Wack.......WHHACK, it feels almost juddery

That pause loses you a lot of ground against a a single, plus you aint pushing more any power in to the bargain

That might just have been the way the Hydrids I were in mapped, but I would bet thats across the board

With the right turbo choice, a single can be just about as responsive as the stock sequential setup, eg. I get positive boost on mine at around 2000rpm. Infact I'd hazard a guess that my GT35R is similar if not more responsive than a pair of hybrid turbos.

Also the power is a lot more linear and controllable with a single turbo compared to the stock sequential setup. I'm sure more than a few accidents have been caused by the second turbo on the sequential setup kicking in unexpectedly.

Wanted to see that. Nice post. :)