The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Forced to lend my Supra!

The Raven

Im back from work.

Text says "cars fine, its a bumpy ride"

So just the return trip and she will be back home and under her cover. My daily is my van which i need for work. Insurance......im not that stupid.

I will not forget this and will be taking his 911 out when he gets it.

I'm just starting a rebuild of my Supe so it's off the road (I'm in the middle of a year ban :( ), but my girlfriend keeps saying how she wants to drive it when it's back on the road....

Much as I love her, in the past year alone, in her own little merc C180 she has scraped the rear wheel arch on the garden wall, reversed into a post, dented the drivers door AND pillar, scraped the front bumper and kurbed the alloys more times than I can remember! The 1.6 merc is also the biggest car she's ever driven, but when she asks if she can drive my twin turbo (C.400bhp) Supe and I look a tad worried I get "don't you trust my driving"....

World war three would be bliss compared to hellstorm the wrong answer there would cause...

Now, how long can I make the rebuild last... ;)

Well I've got to lend my car to the missus this week, and similar situation - it only gets driven at weekends now so couldn't really refuse.

She'll be going from a 1.3 yaris with about 76 odd bhp to my Leon with 220bhp... I'm a little nervous to say the least, but I suppose it'll be ok!

Well I've got to lend my car to the missus this week, and similar situation - it only gets driven at weekends now so couldn't really refuse.

She'll be going from a 1.3 yaris with about 76 odd bhp to my Leon with 220bhp... I'm a little nervous to say the least, but I suppose it'll be ok!

hey not knocking the leon but a supra N/A is a whole different game IMO

no traction control, rear wheel drive, no ABS to say the least!,lol id be quite happy giving my g/f a leon to drive but never the supra:innocent:

still really like the leon fr tdi damn nice ;)

hey not knocking the leon but a supra N/A is a whole different game IMO

no traction control, rear wheel drive, no ABS to say the least!,lol id be quite happy giving my g/f a leon to drive but never the supra:innocent:

still really like the leon fr tdi damn nice ;)

Tis ok mate - I understand.

I think it's just because I've spent so much money modifying it (remap, FPR, exhaust, FMIC etc etc) and she's not used to the 3x power increase from her current car :rolleyes: