The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Turbofit engine builds

Pig

You have had a nice and easy ride then eh..... care to remind us all of the fun you hae had?

T60 was fine then went bigger T78 with supporting mods. Dan blew it up TF and Dan blamed each other so the jury is out on who's fault it was.

New engine was then fitted and it went pop when I was having a spirited drive with a Lambo.

Oh and not forgetting my little oil incident before I went single on my first engine when that went pop. Engine work alone has set me back £8k and looks like I am just about to shell out another 4.5k

Oh the joys of Modifed Supra ownership :D

Thanks private pile. sorry to see the shit is still going on for you.

once bitten, forever shy. I now use TDI (f**ng expensive) but my car hasnt failed yet and i kick the living s**out of it.

Cheers Pig... yeah, it seems that if you want a job done properly then you'll end up coughing up in labour costs... I had to have my fuel lines replaced and the car completely re-wired which piled on the labour... still, I reckon that's better than a firey death!

One other thing... anyone thinking of getting their gearbox repaired/refurbed, I urge you... DO NOT use a man named Ralph, based in Bletchley... he's an oxygen thief... f**cking useless and totally unreliable! Leon at JPS has a guy he uses for his drag car that sorted my car in double quick time.

Happy motoring all!

Rgds,

PP

Thanks private pile. sorry to see the shit is still going on for you.

once bitten, forever shy. I now use TDI (f**ng expensive) but my car hasnt failed yet and i kick the living s**out of it.

they know their stuff i was talking to mark and he was telling me about your experience and the bodge up on your car

The onlyi problem with the engine i've had was when i first got it back, it leaked oil every where, the famous oil seal issue was to blame. Since then the engine has been fine (i think) altough i'm more cautious nowadays. As for the turbos.................well you probably know the story, it cost me big.

So i'd say fine in the engine department, very un-fine in the turbo department

• 4 weeks later...