The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Scotland Rolling Road day Sunday 10th Feb

Ian R

OK as discussed in another thread I have made a provisional booking for a rolling road day.

IT WILL BE HELD AT http://www.hypertechscotland.co.uk Postcode is FK4 2BW (Stirlingshire).

We are looking for between 10 and 15 cars the cost will be £41 inclusive which give you 3 runs and print outs for each run. Tea and coffee will be put on for us and there is also a cafe just down the road that we can use if required

Anymore details you need please ask.

People attending:

1) Ian R (Supra maybe T78 if not in NA)

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

People attending:

1) Ian R (Supra maybe T78 if not in NA

2) Todd (MKiii 2.5 TT)

3) tDR (The Ultimate Scottish Street Car :D)

---

Have added myself but have a query on the cost Ian. Dastek is normally £30 for 20 runners - is the £50 a set price regardless of number of runners or is that based on a division of a total into 10 as the minimum number of runners? IE will it get cheaper with more runners?

Cheers,

Brian.

Im up for that :-) same query on the price tho as it was 35 last time at hypertech if i remember. Will still go whateva the price!

2) Todd (MKiii 2.5 TT)

3) tDR (The Ultimate Scottish Street Car )

4) DoOgZy!

Spoke to hypertech again today price is actually £41 inclusive they had quoted 4wd price previously

Any word on the autos?

Don't worry about that - I chose them specifically because they have a Dyno Dynamics dyno that can cope with autos and this has been proven with Supra TT auto's having successfully run on it.

So in a word - yes, everyone can come to this, lets see the auto boys in attendance!

Hence mine being on the list ;)

Cheers,

Brian.

---

Have added myself but have a query on the cost Ian. Dastek is normally £30 for 20 runners - is the £50 a set price regardless of number of runners or is that based on a division of a total into 10 as the minimum number of runners? IE will it get cheaper with more runners?

Cheers,

Brian.

Fixed if we get between 10 and 15 will see if I can negotiate if we can get between these numbers.

2) Todd (MKiii 2.5 TT)

4) DoOgZy!

5) tDR's bro Gary (Rev.3 MR2 Turbo)

Have stuck my brother down - he's finally in the process of preparing / registering the car I imported for him about 8 months ago and wants to get a power figure for it. :)

Cheers,

Brian.

Got someone with a Nissan S14A to add to the list if OK?

2) Todd (MKiii 2.5 TT)

4) DoOgZy!

5) tDR's bro Gary (Rev.3 MR2 Turbo)

6) Kenny (Nissan S14A - MR2OC)

Any issue with me asking a few of the MR2 crew?

Shouldn't be a problem Todd - RR days are notorious for no shows so lets get as big a list of runners as possible, capped at say 30 tops should guarantee at least 15 runners.

Cheers,

Brian.

Hey all

Fairly new to the Supra scene and even newer to the rolling road one :) , so this may sound like a stupid question... I fancy this rolling road day but I'm pretty sure that my 97 TT 6sp is still fitted with the factory limiter although I've not tested that yet, I believe the Japanease were limited to 112!? My question is what gear do they do the power sourcing runs in, I was told it was 4th and if so I'm concerned that the car would hit the limiter before any accurate power reading was obtained, is this true or will it be ok?

Cheers in advance

James

As the Supra is a 6 speed in manual guise they should be dynoing it in 5th gear since this is the 1:1 ratio. So yes, the limiter will likely be a problem!

There are plenty of places selling convertor chips which will remove the limiter as a by product of converting km/h to mph.

Cheers,

Brian.

Ok cheers for that, it has been converted to MPH and I've had it to just about 120 without limiter kicking in but I put that down to the speedo being out, not sure of a safe/legal way to see if the limiter is still active!?

The private test track not entirely dissimilar to the M8 between the Bathgate and Livingston junctions late at night :eyebrows:

Don't sweat it, the Supra gets to huge speeds in no time at all, you'll soon know whether there's still a limiter. If it's been converted to mph properly with a chip (not just a sticker!) then my bet is you won't have a limiter anymore - the chips divide the speed signal by 5/8ths. This effectively shifts the speed limiter to at least 180mph.

Cheers,

Brian.