The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New Forum Member and Some Advice Sought After...

Guest Fivelo

• 5 months later...
Guest Fivelo

Sorry for unburying this one... Thought it'd be easier though so people can see the backstory ^^^

Basically... Financials are in a better state now (effing money!!) And plan recently has been to get a Supra as second car in a few months time, SORN it, work on it and eventually have it for the weekends.

Anyway, earlier today I started thinking along the lines of: 'maybe I should just go for a more sensible replacement for my current car', I was out already and so started having a look around a few of the dealerships in MK,

Lexus was first, realised I don't like the look at all, let alone the 'slightly' out of range price tag.

BMW was next, expensive but probably affordable, was thinking along the lines of an old shape 3 series coupe - they only seemed to have the new shape though and the sales guy admitted they reminded him of Hyundai's of some description.

Ford next to Tesco's in Kingston was last.

I'd looked around the used section, nothing nice there really, new shape Focus' are alright I guess.

Went over to the new section for a gander, was looking at a rather nice ST outside - mulling over landing myself in masses of finance.

...Out of nowhere I hear a very distinctive and familiar engine note flying past on the dual carriageway, big exhaust & blow-off valve to boot... I look over and no points for guessing what it was.

So yeah... F^&k other cars, I want a Supra still. Thanks go to whoever that was as I might've canned my 3 year long desire to have one.

You won't regret getting one, but get the best Supra you can afford and my advice would be that your better off with a very good manual N/A than a poor TT. You can always do a TT engine transplant into a a tidy N/A when money suits.;)

Good Luck with the hunt and generally members cars on here are a good bet:)