cheekymonkey

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Time to go single then :D

You can bet I will do, just a matter of time. I was looking at the single parts list spreadsheet and smiling as I ticked off about £4k of parts that I either already have or are on the way.

My plan is to get much out of these stock turbos as possible using parts that would eventually let me go single. I would be very happy with 450hp at the fly and I reckon that's feasible, and hell, only 100hp less than some respectable singles.

Im not sure your going to near 450 @fly James probably around 430bhp but i do suprise my self sometimes :D

Well that's in the right sort of range as long as it's above 425 or so, haha. But yes we shall see. Nice cold day, brand new SMIC, 1.2 bar and a nice map, we'll be laughing :)

In an ideal world 20% more boost (1.0 bar to 1.2) would get me 20% more power (400 to 480 :D:D ) but I guess there's some annoying law of physics getting in the way here...

what about my question of preserving the first turbo as it is not working as hard intially and getting as much heat in TTC mode. :D

When mine was TTC, it was the second turbo that let go (exhaust side and the compressor side) and was digested by my engine :(

I don't think we've got any decent stats on which turbo goes the most, WSB - so no comment. In sequential mode, the 2nd turbo gets the bigger kicking I would have thought. It gets punted online and up to full boost pretty quickly. But then the 1st turbo is spinning all the time...

Anyone fancy doing a trawl for blown turbo threads? ;)

-Ian

I've had a chat with the guy whose TTC car I was referring to regarding the 650cc injectors and they are in fact 650cc ones. However, after mapping it he got an intermittent running-rich problem. Seems like there was an issue with the fuel delivery system, some sort of restriction, when I mapped it, and that restriction kept going away and the car would suddenly run pig rich.

At least I mapped it when restricted, if it'd restricted itself on the journey home it would have gone super lean and :bang:

So suffice to say, ignore all my datalog results from that car :(

-Ian