The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Storm damage to roof of house

Fifty

:eek:

Got woken up by the storm here last night 0100 when two huge roof tiles flew past the window and missed the Supra by inches!!.

There is now a large hole in the roof and as the house is 250 years old there is no lining under them so its raining into the roof space.

A great start to the year!

Argh bad news :(

I woke up at 3am to the sound of next doors wheelie bin hitting the Supra, doesn't look to be any damage but the car is so dirty it's hard to tell..... so there I was at 3am chasing my own bin down the road and praying nothing would fall off the house - why do the gales always come on bin day?

Just been into town, huge sheets of plastic flying around, bits of buildings all over the pavement, kind of frustrating until I gave some thought to how bad it must have been for those overseas who lost a lot more recently :(

All the Wheelie bins were on the move last night here as well, plus next doors got a builders skip and bits were flying off up and down the street. luckily most of the crap flying about and the wheelie bins seemed to be attracted to a Ford Ka....it was absolutely caked in crap by the morning...felt bit sorry for its owner

The fence inbetween my house and the neighbours is wobbling around and part of it has fallen off this afternoon, I'm not sure if it's their fence or mine though.....

As you look away from your property to the back fence the fence on your left is your responsibility. The one at the back is the responsibility of one side to the halfway point and the other side for the rest of the street.

If a wheely bin hits your car and damages it you can claim off the council if its deemed to be within a reasonable time of the collection time.

:thumbs:

OK roof fixed 7 large tiles sucked out and smashed; luckily no damage to internals; local guy I know came out and fixed it good. £40 ! bargain Id say. - mind you who he did say in that luvly Cornish tone, " the rest of the roof is f**ked! lol

ah well no buckets needed in the bedrooms tonite

I was gonna give you a ring as I spent Christmas and New Year just outside Wadebridge. But as I forgot to PM you I didnt have your number!!!!!!!!Numpty!!lol.

Hope the rest of the year improves beyond expectation!!

Regards,

Sheena :)

PS: my car spent the night in the garage, I wasnt taking an chances!!

:rolleyes:

OK Sheena; thats not for from me at all so next time your down this way give me a PM for number.

Was that a holiday or visiting relatives etc? As youve guessed weather is a bit of an issue just now. Did you ride the Camel Trail anytime; makes a nice day out in good weather; ride to the pub in Padstow and back?

Thankfully roof back together but loads of other work to do...lol

Yes its family, my Mum and Dad live on the hill just outside Wadebridge so i go down with my family about 3 or 4 times a year always take the Supe as i have a friend who lives down there and we like to go out and about!!lolo

Next time prolly in the Summer or maybe Easter dont know yet but whatever i will PM you before i come down i would love to meet you and see your car. Glad u got everything back on the roof hope the winds are not as bad tonight.

Regards,

Sheena

ps: yes have ridden the Cmel trail it is lovely I like Padstow but it is always to busy since you know who opened his restuarant!!!more expensive now too!!!!!

Yes its family, my Mum and Dad live on the hill just outside Wadebridge so i go down with my family about 3 or 4 times a year always take the Supe as i have a friend who lives down there and we like to go out and about!!lolo

Next time prolly in the Summer or maybe Easter dont know yet but whatever i will PM you before i come down i would love to meet you and see your car. Glad u got everything back on the roof hope the winds are not as bad tonight.

Regards,

Sheena

ps: yes have ridden the Cmel trail it is lovely I like Padstow but it is always to busy since you know who opened his restuarant!!!more expensive now too!!!!!

It's a top restaurant though, Oysters and spicy sausage, the most expensive meal I ever rented.