The mkiv Supra Owners Club

question: modified supra v supercar

cossack

Good post Mike, I agree.

I just don't see how a Supra, a well modified one, would strip an F430 or the like of its crown around any track. I did think it was possible, a long time ago, but now with M5 Touring Estates producing in excess of 450bhp and the handling components to match, Supra's don't stand a chance.

I personally think a good Supra however to fully test this scenario would be Wez's as that's probably one of the best single setups on the board.

Are these not classed as "Hyper cars"?

didnt realise thats what they were called, i didnt post the question to belittle the supra as i have one myself just wanted to know what (in a well sorted form) its comparable to in the nowadays fast cars that are featured on the programme.

i think you need to look at the bigger picture- 1996 supra tt already tuned to say..400bhp for under £10000...not a lot is it for a heavy rocket from the 90's...

otherwise a new car for ten times the amount which is built for that kind of power and can still be beaten by a car 10-15 years older. most us have to do with second best performance cars, and the supra in my opinion is still one of the best to tune up to supercar performance levels without spending 100k

I personally think a good Supra however to fully test this scenario would be Wez's as that's probably one of the best single setups on the board.

Yup, but even then it would need gutting and given to a race engineer to tune it for that specific track and conditions.

Still I'm sat in hell of a car for 20k.... you'd have to spend a lot more than that to get something that will pull any distance on me straight out of the bottle.

anyway, who drives close to the limit of these things on twisties? crazy people that's who!! lol