The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Painting Supra Quote

Martin

Unless you're having it done as a favour or you're doing some of the work yourself, then £3k is the least I would pay for a full respray. A really good paintjob makes the car stand out, and there's nothing nicer IMO than a perfect bodied stock Supra.

You get what you pay for, because the difference between a £1,500 respray and £3,000 respray is £1,500 worth of labour and preparation.

Unless you're having it done as a favour or you're doing some of the work yourself, then £3k is the least I would pay for a full respray. A really good paintjob makes the car stand out, and there's nothing nicer IMO than a perfect bodied stock Supra.

You get what you pay for, because the difference between a £1,500 respray and £3,000 respray is £1,500 worth of labour and preparation.

amen to that

"Prices went up when the pro's had to swap to eco friendly paints"

WHAT??!!!? Are those fecking tree huggers costing us more money? use the non-eco friendly paint to get it for cheaper then plant a tree in your garden clear your continence ;)

doesnt seem very eco friendly to me. i do allot of spraying at home and it gets me as high as a kite when i accidentally take a few sniffs when the mask is off (not that i mean to:sly:)

Yes window seals available to buy new. The rear quarter window seals are not sold separately, they come bonded to the glass so you'd need to buy the complete window.

I can supply all parts new at good saving over UK dealer prices, if you would like details just let me know.

Cheer Nic ;)

Will keep you In mind

Thanks for the post's guy's.

Don't feel confident enough to do the prep myself. If I cock it, I've got to live with it and I'm a pain in the arse as it is with body work. I'd rather pay someone to do it right and at least if something's not right, I can say.

Yes I know it's a old 93 n/a but done a fare bit to it over the last few month's; new wheels tyres / body kit / leather retrim and full service. I'm never going to get the money back, not many of us do once you start spending.

I just want to make a nice example.

If you plan on keeping the car and you are definitely going to go TT at some point then i would go for it.

Never treat your car as an investment, treat it as a hobby. Hobby's cost money, its how much you want to put into it that you have to draw your own line at.

If i had the money i would be cow-arsing my seats and getting a full respray. The paint on the car isn't bad at all but i would love a sparkly new finish along with some area's of the bodywork touched up.

My shopping list would probably be about 5k for me to be 100% complete.

A little at a time for me. Coilovers are next :D

Scott =op

Yep agree with these guys, I just paid 4k to GVN to spray my car, had a few extra bits done along the way......

If your keeping it, why not, seriously you cant beat washing a clean, un-dinged, un-chipped body of a Supra, I love washing mine now.....

3k, sounds like it will be a good respray...;)

I had a minor coming together with an idiot on a roundabout a few weeks ago.

Damage was o/s wing and bumper - the insurance company has paid out for the bumper - both wings and bonnet (all repaired as nothing too bad) - ontop of that i got some rust removed above the windscreen and on the sill.

After all the prepwork was done the only things that were not painted was the bootlid and spoiler - I was really dreading the final price of it all, but was shocked when i got it back and they charged me just shy of £600 (rust on roof cut out and sorted/rust on sill cut out and sorted/both doors painted/both 3/4's painted and rear bumper painted) which i was amazed at. The paintwork is damn spot on perfect and an exact match to the bootlid. The price the front end cost the insurance company was £1200 so adding that to my other bits its around £1800.

I know a lot say that cheap shows but believe me this is a very very nice paintjob - will post some pics when I get outside :p