The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Road Hogs

terribleturner

So what do you guys do when you come up to someone sat in the wrong lane on the motorway?? I used to just overtake them, but now i either move right across the lanes behind them and then right across infront, or i just undertake. :fight:

My dad will pull up behind them and just flash untill they move. :stickpoke

Any other ways in which to deal with these idiots??

Just a thought as i'll be surrounded by them all this morning and in America somewhere they have just passed a law making it illegal to hog a passing lane. When do we get it here??

In other cars that may work, but in the Supra I find it's difficult to get my trousers off quickly :D

PMSL!!

I normally sit right behind them for a few minutes then move over into the left hand lane and flash to remind them "hey buddy, this is your lane" (your headlights get a better view when your slightly positioned to the side rather then directly behind.)

failing that, just move over and let someone else deal with the numpty!

I usually pull up behind them to firstly see if they realise they are in the wrong lane, and if they don't get the hint, over take (or undertake depending) but slowly, looking at them as I drive past - in an attempt to make eye contact.

Then I pull in front of them, put my left indicator on, then flash my hazards at them before pulling off

Not always very sucessful, admittedly, but makes me feel better.

How are the police going to catch these people and monitor it?? I can't see it happening myself! :fight:

I tend to overtake them, then move into there lane and slow down until they deem it necessary to move into the outside lane to try and overtake, then you refuse to let them pass and make them sit out in the fast lane. Usually some tit in a BMW will then arrive and do all of the light flashing and finger insults for me.

I usually give them a fair bit of time to spot me and move over on their own accord, if they fail to do so (I get the feeling that at least half the time they have absolutely no idea you're even there) I undertake.

I don't think undertaking's dangerous at all when done properly and using common sense... infact if we were legally allowed to overtake in either lane it might improve people's awareness of other road users around them. :rtfm:

I usually follow them for a min with 1 car length, if they don't move and if the road is clear then I undercut them. I never flash any other cars for any reason except let people out/in junctions.

I like the eye contact bit when I drive past people but I usuallt very polite.

Politely lift up my middle finger and smile...

China

I never follow close, it only takes some granny in front to look in their mirror for the first time in 10 minutes and panic/brake, or some opportunist who fancies a hefty whiplash claim!

I move into the lane next to them, and sit about a cars length behind to their side. If they haven't moved over within 20 seconds or so, I'll wait till there's a gap on the inside lane (escape route!) then blast bast them.

There are some complete morons on the road, they just have no comprehension about what's going on around them. Like on the motorway when they're on the inside lane coming up to a slip road leading onto the motorway. Do they move over to let cars out? no...they sit in that lane oblivious, whilst the cars joining the motorway are piling up behind them!

Rant over...:)

I have to say i drive a lot more 'defensively' these days.....so normally ignore them, so many people do this that you would spend your whole time kicking the cnuts out of the middle lane.

Though I have tirelessly campaigned against 'Middle Lane Drivers' its an endless task so have given up.

My tactics used to vary depending how much they annoyed me...if it was a Volvo then it would be overtake them then slam on the brakes, they then go to overtake you so I speed up alongside, demonstarating how to swivel with my middle finger.

But userly do as everyone else does go up behind them and flash my high beams....though cant be arsed these days so just pass them at 160 and create a wind wake, which often unerves em he he.

:tongue:

Anyone got any more ideas?